Telemarketing for Life Ins.

thats what I thought just wanted to put the question out there. i have had good sucess cold calling for med supps but it is targeted to 65+. im trying to find away to build a book of 50+ with life that I can get first chance to get a medsup later.

I like the way you think on building your 50+ book...you just need to find a more creative way to get yourself in front of them than a phone book and a telephone.

This seems to be the same boat that I'm in too. My goal is to cold call for appointments for young families and final expense insurance. Usually, I call in the mornings to set appointments for FE, use the evenings to contact young families, and weekends to call for either/or. I have been trying to set appointments to do at least six presentations per week and probably closing around half of them. What I'm looking for is not so much a script but rather an effective opening that will grab the attention of my target markets. If I can increase the number of appointments per week I should be closing more new business as well, any ideas on how to quickly get the attention of these two markets.

What I'm looking for is not so much a script but rather an effective opening that will grab the attention of my target markets.

Try this one "Hello Joe?" yes "WHEW...thank god you're still alive.." Now all you've got to do is introduce yourself and warm him up while his dinner is getting cold. ;)

Know Patience , here's a script you might try:

"Hi my name is Know.
May I speak to yes?

Please?"

Seriously,

If after 5 calls like this each morning you don't have a smile on your face, go get drunk and call it a day. Or call it a day and go get drunk. You pick the order .

However, if you do have a smile on your face then start calling with one of the many natural , pleasant , conversational and honest "scripts" you may find on this forum on the topic at hand and then go Use it. Or improve the one you already have in use.

A few people have said here that if you make a certain number of cold calls per day you will/should get a certain number of sales per week.

It's been on the board. If you haven't seen it search for it. Read it and try it for yourself . I know I need to for kicks (at least). It just might work IF you are feeling positive.

A good list would be helpful to call from of course.

I think when I do it , I might say something like this:

Hi Mr./Ms. __________
My name is Slim
I'm with ABC Company here in whatever location I'm in, and I want to ask you about your burial policy or final expense coverage (or whatever product I may want to promote) may I have a moment of your time right now?

If yes move forward , if no say thank you have a nice day and hang up.

"yes": Only 5% of the local population today have their final expense needs handled (or reviewed recently) and price increases are eating their way into that (security planning)every day. There is a new way to avoid suffering such loss and I can inform you and your family tomorrow while I'm in your neighborhood . It takes 10 minutes and there's no obligation. You'll get a valuable free gift just for participating. It's my way of saying "thanks", and to help you protect your financial security at the same time. Blah blah , just Deliver the best 10-30 second speal your Company or service has to build interest and desire. Go for the appointment.

( I read a book many years ago about telemarketing and the main thing I remember from it was who cares about the conversation (within reason of course) as long as I get the appointment.? That's what we're calling for. Most are afraid to take the first step , but it's only important to get going. It's not important to immediately figure out the whole process from beginning of the call to the end . Most of the time your prospect/suspect will help you develop a script. In conversations over time they'll tell you what your market wants. Trial and error will refine your presentation. Just go for the appointment ).

Don't sell anything just try to make an impression that you want to work for their interests, make a connection , build a relationship,& promote an offer which fills what they want for their family (security and peace of mind). In 30 seconds or less.

Offer them a Living Will or some other free item that gets you in the door and gets you talking about the subject ,or move to the next call.

Thanks for the advice, Slim. I've been having a hard time finding true prospects. There is no trouble getting a conversation started but not nearly as many are open to meeting with me. Some days go well, then some days nothing, my days aren't nearly as consistent as I would like. That's one of my big concerns, finding what is making such a big difference day to day.

If you get the conversation but no meeting then leave a note for follow up in future if a reason is uncovered.

Go for the cherries.

Hang up and go for the next suspect to call on . Go for the appointment .

If you have to tweak and test your "script" or if some days are better than others then so be it . Start working on your most productive times with your most productive script.

Take more breaks, and forget about your "problem" .

Carry your recorder or paper and pen and whatever flashes to your mind , write it down .

Concentrate on the solution , not the problem.

Maybe you can market the other side of the rural county or get in the middle of downtown. Maybe you can review your benefits of what you are selling and reinvent yourself or your product. Maybe you need to make a few more connections live-and-in-person so you can get out of a funk and put yourself in better situation.

Some posts on forum have said 2-3 days of calling on telephone and the 2 days in person writing apps. Maybe you can try getting off the telephone quicker.

Conclusion of this rambling :
If you want less conversations and truer prospects then just add 50 - 100% more contacts to your list. Reduce your average phone call length of time and cover more ground and get more yeses . Focused intently on them and you can get more of them.

Notice your patterns.

Be more of a numbers cruncher. Do the math.

Oh yeah: Be a better listener .

I know , I know we all do the right things especially the basics like what I mentioned here... but did you know that the most advanced martial artists have learned the basics and repeated them more often to perfection than any of the others?
Their level of expertise relies mostly on the basics. A 3rd degree black-belt told me that one time. I did not argue with him .

Thanks again for the push in the right direction, Slim. It has taken a lot of trial and error but I finally feel that I'm making more and better progress with the telemarketing for prospects. I can't begin to tell you the importance of a follow up call, patience and a bit of persistence. It's all about building on the basics.

Once again, this forum has proven to be a great place to learn from others. The pipeline that once dripped has a steady trickle and I'm confident that it can produce a steady flow even during these troubled times.

Scripts are not the main tool in cold calling. I do believe in it though but you should be able to create something that has a certain impact to the prospect and it would also depend on the product you are selling. Think of yourself as the person you are calling and try to create a script that you yourself would like to hear and make you interested to hear more about the product.

Back