Telemarketing Leads

Mark

Guru
5000 Post Club
Georgia
It is kind of like changing the oil in your car. If you can do it yourself you will be better off. But most of us dont want to do it, so we pay someone else to do it. You can cold call people and just say " Hi, I'm Mark Rosenthal with (insert an ins company name) and I'm calling to see if you have any questions about final Expense. If you call 100 people you will get 2 appts from doing this. Most of all the Telemarketing companies out there say about the same thing. The difference is how much you pay. No matter who calls them, they are the same people being called in your area.

I would try and do it myself and if it does not work, pay someone else to do it .

I have a friend that is part of a 5 guy team that does nothing but final expense tele-sales. They buy aged leads by the thousands and calls using a callfire type service. Between the five guys, they write over 1.3 million in premium every year. He says he calls from 9 a.m to 11 am. takes a long lunch and starts back calling from 1-5. Makes hundreds of calls every day. He says that when he gets an answering machine he leaves a message. I couldn't do this, I can't be a slave to the phone. I need sunlight.

Lead generating telemarketers average $7-$12 an hour. Why would anyone with an insurance license spend any measurable time doing a minimum wage job? When you pay a TM to do it your time is spent making much larger dollar amounts. If you are making your own calls you have 2 jobs. a full time min wage job and a part time lucrative insurance agent job. Quit the min wage job and increase your sales time. If you don't see the value in using other min wage dialers then you are doomed to stay one!

I have a friend that is part of a 5 guy team that does nothing but final expense tele-sales. They buy aged leads by the thousands and calls using a callfire type service. Between the five guys, they write over 1.3 million in premium every year. He says he calls from 9 a.m to 11 am. takes a long lunch and starts back calling from 1-5. Makes hundreds of calls every day. He says that when he gets an answering machine he leaves a message. I couldn't do this, I can't be a slave to the phone. I need sunlight.

I would shoot myself if I had to sit on the phone that long. :swoon:

I would not do what telemarketing companies do and don't need that kind of volume of leads.

But for an agent that dont have much money or dont know what to do. I would try this method for at least 1 to 2 hours a day. This would get you enough leads to go see.

We all want an easy button and no one wants to do things like cold call or door knock or a lot of things we use to have to do, but they do work.

There might be better ways of doing it, but some people have to go with the cheaper route 1st.

I would not do what telemarketing companies do and don't need that kind of volume of leads.

But for an agent that dont have much money or dont know what to do. I would try this method for at least 1 to 2 hours a day. This would get you enough leads to go see.

We all want an easy button and no one wants to do things like cold call or door knock or a lot of things we use to have to do, but they do work.

There might be better ways of doing it, but some people have to go with the cheaper route 1st.

Two hours of consistant cold dialing or door knocking each day is a great part of the marketing mix. Results will follow.

I should have put a LOL on the Suicide Quote

Of course there is an easy button you buy them at Staples haven't you seen their commercials?

I agree Mark... I prefer to be on the phone as I'll get more leads, appts and apps than someone who doesn't know the industry and competition. However, all of our time is valuable and other tasks require our time. I do believe there is a happy compromise between both! Good observation as always Mark!

Back