Telemarketing Leads

PenmanIns

Hey guys, telemarketing is pretty big right now in my territory. There are quite a few agents doing very well with it. The thing is I'm having a hard time finding a good source for numbers. Does anyone have any suggestions for companies to use for cold calling? Also does anyone know of a company that will let you select the credit score rating of your numbers received?

TIA!

(Selling P&C auto)

Last edited:
You realize that there are dozens of different lines of insurance. No line is the same as another. Without saying which line of insurance you are selling, nobody can accurately respond to your post.

You realize that there are dozens of different lines of insurance. No line is the same as another. Without saying which line of insurance you are selling, nobody can accurately respond to your post.

Hey gymguy, thanks so much for the great advice. I'm cold calling numbers trying to get their auto business. I'm pretty sure last time I checked cold call numbers are cold call numbers. Lots with unspecified interest or no interest. Therefore the cold call is a surprise to them and I am trying to sell them whichever product I chose. Not buying leads that are produced by the person having submitted something to express interest. But again thanks so much!

Hey gymguy, thanks so much for the great advice. I'm cold calling numbers trying to get their auto business. I'm pretty sure last time I checked cold call numbers are cold call numbers. Lots with unspecified interest or no interest. Therefore the cold call is a surprise to them and I am trying to sell them whichever product I chose. Not buying leads that are produced by the person having submitted something to express interest. But again thanks so much!

You're welcome. I am not trying to start a debate here. However, cold call numbers are not just cold call numbers. For example, in final expense you filter numbers according to age and income. In annuity sales, I think they start the income minimum around 50k among other things. If agents failed to do this, we would waste a ton of time, and the returns would suffer greatly.

Nearly every line of insurance has a popular set of demographics which describe the general customer base. I don't know the demographics for P&C business, but I can assure you they are out there. When you buy data from whoever, you don't simply say hey give me numbers in 95678 etc. You should filter your data according to your industry demographics to give yourself the best chance for success. So as you can see, cold call numbers are not simply cold call numbers. Some lines of insurance have more filters than others.

GL on your search though. I hope someone can point you in the right direction. I don't do P&C, so I certainly cannot.

Latest posts

Back