Telemarketing Questions

Golddoor

Guru
100+ Post Club
Texico
Just curious what you guys use to find names and numbers of business owners? And also what you use for scripts when you call on these people?

I use http://goleads.com single user account - $9.95 per month for unlimited leads and you can tweak the list.

My script:

"Hi, I'm John Petrowski, the owner of the Health Solutions Agency, how are you doing today?"

I own a local agency here in Odenton and the reason I'm calling is to send you out information and rates for the newest health insurance plans from comanies like Aetna, Time and United Healthcare. They all have new plans available in Maryland. Do you have group or individual coverage?"

It works nicely since it's a soft touch and most people can't even name a company past Blue Cross that does individual health insurance. I'm also calling leads in my town so we instantly have something to talk about.

john_petrowski said:
I use http://goleads.com single user account - $9.95 per month for unlimited leads and you can tweak the list.

Do you know how it compares to Sales Genie, in terms of features. Moonlight uses Sales Genie and swears by it, but it's like $300 per month.

I'm also calling leads in my town so we instantly have something to talk about.

I think that means a lot!!!

I haven't starting the telemarketing yet, and I don't know how much of it I'll do versus walk & talk, but I think the finding common ground goes a long way. Some people will just be uninterested and cold and that's all there is to it. But if a person will stay on the line, the agent needs to say something like:

Joe, I'm looking at your address at and it looks like you're sort of near Joe Schmoe Elementary, right? My good friend went there when we were kids and I remember riding my bike around their playground. I loved that neighborhood.

That puts you as a member of the community and makes him think differently of you than the soliticitation calls he gets from some cubicle 1000 miles away. It can't always be done, but I think smalltalk that makes you a part of the community is huge. Even if you calling someone 40 miles away, talk about regional issues, you impression of their town, etc.

Exactly - I do feel a lot of my recent success has to do with just offering information on the first call - no qualification at all - and calling locally. It's simply less of a "cold call" when a local business calls. I can imagine getting a call from a local catering business and asking if I'd like to have their catering menu sent to me. I'd say "sure!"

My goal when telemarketing before - years ago - was to qualify and set an appointment back in my Mega days. I hated it. Now my goal is to send out info for individual plans to anyone with a pulse. If they don't need a plan maybe they know someone who does. It's all about just getting my agency's name out there to as many people as possible.

john_petrowski said:
Exactly - I do feel a lot of my recent success has to do with just offering information on the first call - no qualification at all - and calling locally. It's simply less of a "cold call" when a local business calls. I can imagine getting a call from a local catering business and asking if I'd like to have their catering menu sent to me. I'd say "sure!"

My goal when telemarketing before - years ago - was to qualify and set an appointment back in my Mega days. I hated it. Now my goal is to send out info for individual plans to anyone with a pulse. If they don't need a plan maybe they know someone who does. It's all about just getting my agency's name out there to as many people as possible.

What exactly do you mail out and how do you follow up?

NHB_MMA said:
john_petrowski said:

What exactly do you mail out and how do you follow up?

Yea that was my next question? What is it you mail out?

Thanks,

Golddoor

Back