telemarketing script

I'm reluctant to do that, since it is for licensed agents. But if you're not active with T.O. then try your fmo's or call sls & mktg of your respective carriers.

I get the impression they will be cooperative this year, thanks to CMS.

HoosierDaddy is hilarious, but don't miss the (subtle) point. Make your own Medigap script. After a good conversation, and you see the client needs insurance to fill gaps in their Original Medicare coverage, but can't qualify for a Med Sup or able to afford the premiums, you can then suggest that a Medicare Advantage plan may be helpful. Then make an appointment and bring your Medicare Advantage material. I don't think you will be in trouble if you keep the suggestion for MA in general terms, keeping specific plan info until you set the appointment.

Here is where the MA ONLY agents have trouble: not being appointed with a Med Sup carrier or familiar with the pros AND cons of both Med Sups and MA plans, they push the MA plans. One size does not fit all! If you can make an objective analysis of the client's needs, you will serve him in the manner that CMS is seeking.

Then make an appointment and bring your Medicare Advantage material. I don't think you will be in trouble if you keep the suggestion for MA in general terms, keeping specific plan info until you set the appointment.
Isn't that specifically prohibited by CMS? I thought that when you make an MA appointment, you must talk only about that particular plan. If you can't sell Plan A, then you must make another appointment to sell Plan B.

By the way, that's not a judgement call by me. I think many of the CMS requirements are not only ridiculous, but anti-senior. How does an independent agent know what to talk about before meeting and information gathering?

Come to think about it, how can we legally even ask about their doctor to see if he/she is on the plan? Isn't that asking about their health?

Okay, I finally figured it out. CMS sucks! They are the government version of AARP.

Rick

Isn't that specifically prohibited by CMS? I thought that when you make an MA appointment, you must talk only about that particular plan. If you can't sell Plan A, then you must make another appointment to sell Plan B.

By the way, that's not a judgement call by me. I think many of the CMS requirements are not only ridiculous, but anti-senior. How does an independent agent know what to talk about before meeting and information gathering?

Come to think about it, how can we legally even ask about their doctor to see if he/she is on the plan? Isn't that asking about their health?

Okay, I finally figured it out. CMS sucks! They are the government version of AARP.

Rick

Let's say you can sell PFFS, PPO and maybe HMO. You have to be able to talk about their needs and maybe even the plans in general terms to determine which one best fits their needs i.e. do they travel out of the service area for long periods, are they ok with a network or do they want the maximum choice of providers possible, etc. To give you the example I'm familiar with, the Humana approved presentation discusses the three types of plans, and then you are to present the one that, after doing a needs analysis, best fits their needs. Obviously if it is a seminar setting, you present the plan that you think will have the broadest appeal and get with those later for whom another plan might be a better fit.

I think the prohibition is aimed at a scenario where the agent would present one summary of benefits and then go into another one. With the amount of time that would take, it would put you well into the 2-3 hour territory where it might appear you are just trying to wear them down, etc.

Last edited:
Back