Telemarketing Senior Stuff

A good source for lists is any company that updates their data on a regular basis. Although I have never used them, many agents tell me that US Data has quality lists. I use Lead Concepts but they are quite a bit more expensive. The one thing I must have is the DOB as opposed to an age range.

How many calls? Everyone asks that. I would never give an answer to that question, there are too many variables. It's all about know how to maintain control of the call, the specific words used and transitioning it from a phone call to a conversation.

Nothing is going to be sold during the call, not even the appointment, until the caller is having a relaxed conversation with the prospect. The initial call is the single most important part of the entire sales process.

I'm still VERY new at this. But I bought my list from Sales Genie. I won't be going back with them. I've been looking at mysaleshero/Acxiom and it seems like it is a pretty good company. I signed up for an account but haven't purchased yet. One of the reps there sent me a coupon code Save20Now” for my first order for 20% off. I can live with that. So it come out to be about $176 for 3500 names. Not too bad. Play with different setting too to get the maximum amount of names for the same price. Like used counties instead of zip codes. Oh, and I don't get anything from this. I'm not a reseller or anything.

As far as dials...I would say that I have not dialed as much as I should, but manual dialing should yield you about 40 dials an hour and 1 appt per hour. I also have Mojo and I'm seeing about 1.5-2 appointments per hour. This is based on an appointment where they prospect knows I'm going to be sitting down with them for 1-1.5 hours going over their plans and situations. Not just dropping off info.

Again, I'm waaayyyy new so I could be full of BS and not know it!

I'm also contract through Frank and his training and help has been awesome!

Last edited:
Going to give telemarketing a try for FE and Senior Health.

Anybody know a good source for lists and how many dials per lead. The girl I'm using has experience and has a very pleasing phone personality.

Good luck with telemarketing, just remember to scub whatever list you get with both state and federal Do Not Solicit Lists.

Many agent contracts forbid telemarketing except in certain circumstances. Check your contract before you make any calls.

Also, the penalty for calling someone on the Do Not Solicit List is $ 10,000 per violation.

If you insist on telemarketing, there are guidelines that you must follow for every call you make to people not on the DNS list. Make certain both you and your telemarketer understand and abide by them on each call. If not, depending on what state you are in you could accidentally find your license suspended.

We proved in the 1980s that telemarketing is legitimate but be aware there have been tons of laws and regulations implemented to protect the public from telemarketers. Make certain you know them before you pick up the phone.

If memory serves, Axciom has the best prices for lists and they are DNC scrubbed. They will want proof of your registration with the DNC agency (first 5 area codes are free).

If you search this forum for Axciom you will find a couple threads. Likewise, you will find crappy reviews of LRG.

Last edited:
Dials per lead is going to vary by too many things to give you a hard number. If you're girl is on a predictive dialer and getting less than 2 or 3 solid leads every 2 hours you may be doing something wrong. I've managed a ton of telemarketing and I think people tend underestimate it because it sounds like it's as simple as making a script, hiring a telemarketer, giving them a list, and then getting lots of cheap or reasonably priced leads.

Last edited:
The only thing I would add is first you must define what constitutes a "lead". Is it to "drop off valuable information" or is it to do a "Medicare Review"?

Personally I don't consider either a "lead" or worthy of an appointment. I went that route when I first started. It proved to be pretty much of a waste of my time. I no longer go on appointments to do a "Medicare Review". More often than not it is a waste of my time.

When I set an appointment they know I'm coming to fill out an app and pick up a check. They know that I can save them money, exactly how much and I have a very good idea that they will qualify.

If there is any doubt about them qualifying I will say, "Let's just make sure you qualify" and I will ask them all the health questions on the app.

Back