Telemarketing "Voice"

Delta76

Guru
100+ Post Club
I had fun on the phones this morning. It seems like when I get in a groove, I'm always relaxed and come across much better. I speak softly, directly, and really make it sound like I care about the person I'm calling. I shortened my normal script this morning and I think I'm going to keep it that way for a while. I get more calls in and it's more direct.

"Hi, is John available? Hi John, this Delta calling, I'm an insurance broker and I was hoping to catch you with a minute, did I catch you at a good time?"

"I work with health insurance and I was hoping to find out what your doing currently? (then shut up and wait for a response)

I then work off of what they say, suggest some things to look at and ask if they would be interested in looking at some options. It's so simple, but it works and it's easy to disqualify those people who are not good prospects immediately (those that are unapproachable via phone, uninsurable, close to current agent, ect). Those that are interested, I get to have a brief conversation and test their desire to change.

I had fun on the phones this morning. It seems like when I get in a groove, I'm always relaxed and come across much better. I speak softly, directly, and really make it sound like I care about the person I'm calling. I shortened my normal script this morning and I think I'm going to keep it that way for a while. I get more calls in and it's more direct.

"Hi, is John available? Hi John, this Delta calling, I'm an insurance broker and I was hoping to catch you with a minute, did I catch you at a good time?"

"I work with health insurance and I was hoping to find out what your doing currently? (then shut up and wait for a response)

I then work off of what they say, suggest some things to look at and ask if they would be interested in looking at some options. It's so simple, but it works and it's easy to disqualify those people who are not good prospects immediately (those that are unapproachable via phone, uninsurable, close to current agent, ect). Those that are interested, I get to have a brief conversation and test their desire to change.

The second sentence doesn't really do anything for me, but I'm glad it's working for you. It would be interesting to see the tracking results for those two questions in relation to how many people you talk to per hour.

I actually crochet while I'm calling clients. It helps me relax and have more of a conversation with the person. Also I'm a little ADD and it helps me concentrate.

I actually crochet while I'm calling clients. It helps me relax and have more of a conversation with the person. Also I'm a little ADD and it helps me concentrate.

Ditto, I paint on canvasses while I'm the phone. Got the whole set-up including the handy painters pallet I hold. :twitchy:

I adjust my fantasy baseball rosters while I'm talking to people. However, occasionally, I get confused and say something like..."Blue Cross is probably your best bet. They have a low copay, don't walk many batters and play in a pitcher's park."

My script is only five words more than yours. Less is more.

If less is more, does that mean more is less? If so, should I add some words to my script to make it 'less'? And now I'm really confused, is less better than more or is more better than less? And if less is more and less is better, than shouldn't I have more because more is less? Or, once it becomes less, does it become more, because it's less.... I'm stuck in a circle.....

Latest posts

Back