Telemarketing VS Coldcalling

Heritageofoh1

So I have recently partnered with a few companies that sale commercial insurance and it's a pretty sweet deal. All I have to do is provide the lead and they will call and sell it. I get first year and renewal, they just take 2% if its sold. I will still receive 15% new 13% renewal. My question is this. Any ideas on how to get these leads?

Should I just pound the phones or go door knocking? What about direct mail or buying leads?

Any suggestions would be great!

So I have recently partnered with a few companies that sale commercial insurance and it's a pretty sweet deal. All I have to do is provide the lead and they will call and sell it. I get first year and renewal, they just take 2% if its sold. I will still receive 15% new 13% renewal. My question is this. Any ideas on how to get these leads?

Should I just pound the phones or go door knocking? What about direct mail or buying leads?

Any suggestions would be great!

I don't how good the leads are but if you decide to buy real time commercial leads, I have seen NetQuote advertising that they have them. I sell aged insurance leads but I don't have commercial aged leads and I do not know of anyone who sells them aged. If you can find an aged lead source yourself for this type of lead, you may want to give those a try as well.

Hello..
I know little bit about telemarketing and cold calling difference.
Cold calling is a form of telemarketing.If telemarketing is like the whether,cold calling is a sunny or cloudy day.
Hope you got it..

Wow...First post congrats, you sound like a complete ***. Thanks for playing the game JR.....

Hello..
I know little bit about telemarketing and cold calling difference.
Cold calling is a form of telemarketing.If telemarketing is like the whether,cold calling is a sunny or cloudy day.
Hope you got it..

No, cold calling is a cold day, not a sunny day. Telemarketing is what Circuit City did with TVs before they went out of business. It was a cold day, so cold calling is telemarketing is cold calling, regardless of whether (or not).

No, cold calling is a cold day, not a sunny day. Telemarketing is what Circuit City did with TVs before they went out of business. It was a cold day, so cold calling is telemarketing is cold calling, regardless of whether (or not).

Please say that three times fast.

what do they consider a lead?
an appointment? Underwriting info?

A lead any business interested in receiving a quote over the phone. I need no personal info. Just how many employees, how long in business, how much liab coverage they want and any additional coverage. They will then call and sale them. They close 30 to 50% of the leads you send I just give some commission....Thoughts?

A lead any business interested in receiving a quote over the phone. I need no personal info. Just how many employees, how long in business, how much liab coverage they want and any additional coverage. They will then call and sale them. They close 30 to 50% of the leads you send I just give some commission....Thoughts?

Uh. Something isn't right here. Tread carefully.

Completely agree. Getting leads is easy. Why wouldn't they just keep 100% of the sale. Something isn't right.

GETTING LEADS IS EASY BAHAHAHA. I have read hundreds of pages regarding leads on this forum and that is the first time I heard someone say its easy to find leads.

Its not unusual that agents will give up commissions for leads. Typically established agents would rather do it this way then worry about keeping 100% commission for themselves. They all tell me the same thing.... finding the interested person is the hardest part AKA the Lead.

I would personally get a telemarketing campaign going. Buy a list of X-Dates of the type of business they have an appetite for and call call call. Once you get a semi interested person on the phone set a phone/physical appointment for your connection to follow up and get the underwriting info. You barely do any of the work and I am assuming they service the client for you. I have a very similar arrangement here in California.

You might even think about hiring a few newbie telemarketers to call the x-date list for you and just feed your connection a load of leads.

Back