Telemarketing

k1s1h1

Expert
I am thinking about hiring a girl to do some in house telemarketing (b2b). Has anyone tried this with any luck. I sell life and health.

I am thinking about hiring a girl to do some in house telemarketing (b2b). Has anyone tried this with any luck. I sell life and health.
I'm pretty certain that no one has ever done this before. Let us know if it works.:noteworthy:

Okay, do a quick search of the forum and you'll find lots of posts on this.

Rick

I know a lot of people do it them selves i just want to know if it will be cost effective to hire someone.

I am making calls for two other agents and they pay me for each appointment I set and they close. So far this week they have closed 7 of the 15 appointments I set for them, they still have 6 more people to see tomorrow.

Its pretty easy for them to close because I am a license agent so I can pretty much answer any questions and inform the client what plans can be offered. By the time the agent gets there all they have to do is close the deal. I think it would be worth while but make sure you educate your telemarketer as to what you have to offer and be able to answer questions.. It helps!

I am making calls for two other agents and they pay me for each appointment I set and they close. So far this week they have closed 7 of the 15 appointments I set for them, they still have 6 more people to see tomorrow.

Its pretty easy for them to close because I am a license agent so I can pretty much answer any questions and inform the client what plans can be offered. By the time the agent gets there all they have to do is close the deal. I think it would be worth while but make sure you educate your telemarketer as to what you have to offer and be able to answer questions.. It helps!

One of my friends has a variation of what you are doing and this telemarketer has an insurance license, too. She started out as an agent in training. One of the training exercises was sitting down and making calls. She was extremely good at setting appointments, but when she went out on these appointments, she had some difficulty closing. Truth be told, she said, she loved working on the phone setting appointments.

Solution: she sets appointments, the closers pick up the apps. She gets paid per appointment and a generous percentage of the commission - she splits on the app. The cost to the other agents is a fraction of their marketing budget and they are busy closing appointments instead of looking for clients. everybody is happy doing what they do best and making more money for their efforts. One of the few times where that hackneyed phrase "it's win-win-win" is apropos.

So...based on my friend's experience, go for it.

One of my friends has a variation of what you are doing and this telemarketer has an insurance license, too. She started out as an agent in training. One of the training exercises was sitting down and making calls. She was extremely good at setting appointments, but when she went out on these appointments, she had some difficulty closing. Truth be told, she said, she loved working on the phone setting appointments.

Solution: she sets appointments, the closers pick up the apps. She gets paid per appointment and a generous percentage of the commission - she splits on the app. The cost to the other agents is a fraction of their marketing budget and they are busy closing appointments instead of looking for clients. everybody is happy doing what they do best and making more money for their efforts. One of the few times where that hackneyed phrase "it's win-win-win" is apropos.

I agree it is a win-win. I am new to L&H and currently have a full time job, not ready to let it go for full commission position at this time, however doing this gives me product training as well as the ability to learn the industry. I have not been in the field but I feel I won't have a problem closing. The appointments I set are so solid the clients are just waiting for someone to come enroll them. I love it!

Last edited:

Do you know what the pay-out structure entails?

Back