Telemedicince and LiveHealth

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Any experience with telemedicine programs? How about the Anthem owned LiveHealth Online?

It used to be folks wanted Silver Sneakers with their Medicare coverage. Now the want to talk to a doc or nurse 24/7 for free.

LiveHealth is "free" as long as you don't actually use it . . .

So, your pitching it as a nurse hotline that a lonely senior can speak with for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week? Interesting! Definitely sounds useful for when the kids don't answer their phone!

I have sold and used Healthiest You/TeleDoc for a couple of years. Super easy to use when you don't feel like going to the doctor and an easy sell for me. Just don't expect to make money off of it.

I have more confidence in Bone's magic wand than I would a phonedoc

K7KT3GXMR24IYKATOO337YUTN4.jpg

Z5AanZD.png

Telemedicine is the future for minor health issues where the doctor doesn't necessarily have to examine the body or simply do a minor examination.

Better tools will come out (cameras, tools for the throat, etc.) that you'll keep at home that'll allow the tele-doc to see what's going on (maybe even control) in addition to you telling the tele-doc.

The tele-doc will send any prescriptions directly to the pharmacy or you could print out or have on your phone.

These services will be incorporated into Medicare (MedSupps and MAPDs) eventually. The MAPDs will have their own tele-doc services.

Some independent doctors are also starting to offer tele-medicine services.

It will be common in a few years.

No need to go to the doctor for every little problem.

And eventually... many years from now... you'll have your own "doctor" in your home 24/7 via a hologram or video (software, not an actual person). Your toilet will examine your waste every time you use it. Various other things in your home will monitor other parts of you (stress levels, skin, etc.). Etc.

I got way off-topic.

Back