Telemedicine - New Add-on Option?

dgmins

As health agents, I am sure there are potential clients you run into that still can't afford health insurance with the new ACA exchanges, subsidies and such. TELEMEDICINE presents an alternative, especially in the area of ACUTE (one-time) needs or to bridge long-term medication needs as well. It's an up-and-coming trend.

This plan, although not insurance, has the costs to a client much like a plan, with reasonable 'copays' that may or may not be charged (its up to the physician and the nature of the call). Clients have 24/7 access to a physician just by calling a toll-free number located on their card. This plan also comes with a prescription discount plan as well; so for the most common needs (diagnosis and prescription), both are discounted down to reasonable prices in most cases. Think of this type of plan as you would having AAA but for medical purposes (another form of protection and piece of mind).

Agents get fast start commissions and permanent residuals with this plan, just like on the insurance side, for as long as the client holds the plan. Plan costs start at $20/month for basic doctor and pharmacy coverage, then the VIP plan runs at $100/month, but also covers a pre-paid legal plan, life event counseling, patient advocacy, identity theft, and zeros out all physician copays completely.

What do you guys think of this?

TELEMEDICINE presents an alternative, especially in the area of ACUTE (one-time) needs or to bridge long-term medication needs as well. It's an up-and-coming trend. What do you guys think of this?

I think you should post a link to the company/product so we can investigate what you're describing and provide appropriate feedback, if warranted.
ac

I actually have used a Telemedicine plan and love it. That has saved me personally when I couldn't get to a doctor on the weekend. Nothing like access to a doctor by phone or email 24/7 for common problems.

I actually have used a Telemedicine plan and love it. That has saved me personally when I couldn't get to a doctor on the weekend. Nothing like access to a doctor by phone or email 24/7 for common problems.

DrTaffy, you need to be saved from common problems? I'm not following Yu.

I had a toothache that resulted in face swelling. I called a doctor through my Telemedicine plan. They called in an antibiotic to my local pharmacy. This happened on a weekend when the dentist office wasn't open.

I had a toothache that resulted in face swelling. I called a doctor through my Telemedicine plan. They called in an antibiotic to my local pharmacy. This happened on a weekend when the dentist office wasn't open.

OK.. I follow you. FYI.. My son lost a contact lens on a school trip in Florida. We used our major medical policy's TeleMed benefit to get the prescription called into a local Florida drugstore for pickup. Indeed, it was very useful.
ac

Back