Telemedicine - New Add-on Option?

As health agents, I am sure there are potential clients you run into that still can't afford health insurance with the new ACA exchanges, subsidies and such. TELEMEDICINE presents an alternative, especially in the area of ACUTE (one-time) needs or to bridge long-term medication needs as well. It's an up-and-coming trend.

This plan, although not insurance, has the costs to a client much like a plan, with reasonable 'copays' that may or may not be charged (its up to the physician and the nature of the call). Clients have 24/7 access to a physician just by calling a toll-free number located on their card. This plan also comes with a prescription discount plan as well; so for the most common needs (diagnosis and prescription), both are discounted down to reasonable prices in most cases. Think of this type of plan as y

ou would having AAA but for medical purposes (another form of protection and piece of mind).

Agents get fast start commissions and permanent residuals with this plan, just like on the insurance side, for as long as the client holds the plan. Plan costs start at $20/month for basic doctor and pharmacy coverage, then the VIP plan runs at $100/month, but also covers a pre-paid legal plan, life event counseling, patient advocacy, identity theft, and zeros out all physician copays completely.

What do you guys think of this?

While telemedicine might have a place alongside a major medical policy, your description shows you have no clue, just another huckster trying to make a few bucks off people while putting them in real trouble if they have a major health issue.

You could post this another 10 times in 10 different forums and it will get the same response.

While telemedicine might have a place alongside a major medical policy, your description shows you have no clue, just another huckster trying to make a few bucks off people while putting them in real trouble if they have a major health issue.

You could post this another 10 times in 10 different forums and it will get the same response.

I beg to differ. I also happen to be a health care professional and know that this type of service comes in very handy, and will continue to do so in the years to come, as long as ACA is in the fray.

With all due respect, I think from the posts above that evidence would show to the contrary of your statement.

I beg to differ. I also happen to be a health care professional and know that this type of service comes in very handy, and will continue to do so in the years to come, as long as ACA is in the fray.

With all due respect, I think from the posts above that evidence would show to the contrary of your statement.

And you are full of crap.

You begin by saying 'for those who can't afford health insurance' with telemedicine, so that automatically claims to replace the coverage they 'can't afford'.

Then you bundle a bunch of junk like pre-paid legal into a plan that someone would be charged $100 a month, all in order to give an agent a stream of commissions. All you are doing is diverting attention away from the important thing (comprehensive health insurance) into a suite of barely useful services that includes telemedicine to scam an unknowing consumer.

It's people like you who give insurance agents a bad name.

Here is what I offer my clients as an add-on. My clients are heavy travelers and telehealth is a huge benefit to them: Telehealth

If any other agents want to offer it let me know.

Back