Tell me.... how do u sell Life Insurance

Thank you all for your informative comments, I really need to get a plan and work it. I guess the hardest thing for me is getting over rejections because the minute someone says no thank or they look like I'm bothering them, I get the heck out dodge. But its good to know that this can be done.

Couple of things to think about:

1. First you can't lose something you don't have - people will only value your time as much as you do so if you have done your job properly and spent the time with the prospect you have a right to ask for the business

2. People only know what you tell them they know - if you say your new now they know that

3. People will do buisness with someone they like and trust - imagine you are sick and go to the doctor, at doctor A you describe your symptoms and he says I can give you this medicine or this medicine or this medicine, which one do you want? Then you go to doctor B, describe your symptoms and he says ok here take this prescription 2 times a day and come back in 10 days. Which doctor do you have the most confidence in? (I hope you answered Doctor B) That is the confidence you prospects need to have in you.

4. Perfect practice makes perfect presentations so don't worry about making a sale, go get your experience making presentations. If you get the same objection 2 out of 5 presentations start putting the objection at the begining of your presentation.

Lasty remember questions gather information and objections disclose information so the more your prospect discolses the more information you have to close so don't rush, learn to ask questions and close and stay closed.

Good luck.

Last edited:
so I'll see how they compare to Ruth's Chris. .

We had our last (26th) wedding anniversary at the brand new Ruth's here. It was about the biggest rip I've ever been to. Their whole claim to fame is a badly cooked steak in butter... BUT they put on a 500 degree metal plate ... which is the "chris." (Many people think that was her name.. Ruth Chris... but it wasn't. She bought the The Chris Steak House in New Orleans and started the chain from there.

If you are thinking of going to Ruth's do yourself and your credit card a favor and think again.

Al

We had our last (26th) wedding anniversary at the brand new Ruth's here. It was about the biggest rip I've ever been to. Their whole claim to fame is a badly cooked steak in butter... BUT they put on a 500 degree metal plate ... which is the "chris." (Many people think that was her name.. Ruth Chris... but it wasn't. She bought the The Chris Steak House in New Orleans and started the chain from there.

If you are thinking of going to Ruth's do yourself and your credit card a favor and think again.

Al

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience. My first visit to Ruth's Chris was back in 2003 when I was just getting out of the USAF and I met a friend up in San Francisco for a few days. Lovely city, bad traffic.

Knoxville TN is getting a Ruth Chris Steakhouse, suppose to be the biggest of all. I hear nothing but good things about Ruth's, we will see I guess but, I doubt if it or anyplace can live up to the hype it gets.

The story of Ruth Chris Steakhouse, yes she brought it from Chris as in Chris Steakhouse. The place was sold many times and no one could make the resturant go. Ruth, being in some financial strain decided she would make a go at it, since Chris the owner had favorable terms, as he turn the business they said every so many months. For some reason, Ruth having no resturant experience (from my understanding) made it go and wonderfully so! She was going to change the name to Ruth's but Chris owning the business at that time said no, so she just added Ruth to the front and the rest is history.

At least that is what I understand from Rush, Hannity and Harvey, all supporters of Ruth Chris Steakhouse. Just a wonderful story, Ruth was in no position to make any business go but, she did!

Plus I didn't enjoy Mortons when I had a chance to go there. So, hey Ruth's can't be as bad a let down as Mortons was.

Plus I didn't enjoy Mortons when I had a chance to go there. So, hey Ruth's can't be as bad a let down as Mortons was.

I find Mortons to be pretentious service-wise and way overpriced. But the food is always good. I don't go more than twice a year and only when we "owe" another couple a nice dinner. Before Jane was disabled we would hold 25 to 30 dinner parties at home a year... but it's too hard for her now.

I'm a terrific chef, and love to cook... but am not fond of the clean-up after the guests leave!

To be honest, these days I find that I season/marinate and cook a better steak on my grill than I get in any restaurant so I don't order it nor do we go to steak houses often. I prefer seafood done in a Northern Italian tradition so we go to places with that kind of cuisine... and we stay away from most of the national chains. About the only up-scale chain we go to is PF Chang's. However I find that no one eats at that place anymore... it's too crowded. :)

Al

I find Mortons to be pretentious service-wise and way overpriced. But the food is always good. I don't go more than twice a year and only when we "owe" another couple a nice dinner. Before Jane was disabled we would hold 25 to 30 dinner parties at home a year... but it's too hard for her now.

I'm a terrific chef, and love to cook... but am not fond of the clean-up after the guests leave!

To be honest, these days I find that I season/marinate and cook a better steak on my grill than I get in any restaurant so I don't order it nor do we go to steak houses often. I prefer seafood done in a Northern Italian tradition so we go to places with that kind of cuisine... and we stay away from most of the national chains. About the only up-scale chain we go to is PF Chang's. However I find that no one eats at that place anymore... it's too crowded. :)

Al

I like hitting those independent resturants, in Knoxville they have a area they call the "Old City". Lot of varying resturants all independently owned, from Tai to Mexican resturants. Applebee's, Ol'Charley's, Uno's and the rest, all have the same taste and likely what you find at one is what the other will have the next week, gee imagine that corporate America make all foods taste the same. I do go to Steak & Ale when I go down to Houston, we don't have them here, I enjoy them more then the Texas Road House or Outback's.

Outback. Don't get me started. Flat out rip-off; over-priced steaks with horrible quality. I'll go to Cactus Willie's $12 buffet in my area and get better steak then Outback.

Back