Tell us your 5 most prooven marketing strategies

Man but a great way to market.....you find a 35 man group and the owner likes golf and is pissed off at his current health plan......you say lets go play a round on me and lets talk about it....after 18 holes and a few drinks at the club house....BAMMMMMM...agent of record letter......and the golf is tax deductible......now if I could only find more owners that like skateboarding dahammmm........

The main way i've build customer loyalty over the years is with Magnets. Yes, magnets. I know it might not sound like much, but how many times a day does someone go to their refrigerator? A lot.. I found by doing this customers will likely not lose my contact info and are more likely to stay in touch.

The place I've worked with for the past 3-4 years is 2008 Magnetic Baseball Schedules | House of Magnets . I usually get calender & sporting schedule magnets. This year i'm doing the Philly's schedule.

It's my favorite and most effective way to keep customers for the long term.

Last edited:
The main way i've build customer loyalty over the years is with Magnets. Yes, magnets. I know it might not sound like much, but how many times a day does someone go to their refrigerator? A lot.. I found by doing this customers will likely not lose my contact info and are more likely to stay in touch.

The place I've worked with for the past 3-4 years is 2008 Magnetic Baseball Schedules | House of Magnets . I usually get calender & sporting schedule magnets. This year i'm doing the Philly's schedule.

It's my favorite and most effective way to keep customers for the long term.

I'd send out Tampa Bay Rays magnets - but I'm afraid I'd lose all my clients!

I've used House of Magnets Mike. Good outfit. Delivered as promised.

Stragety #999 Send out a flyer that says "I bet I hate insurance companies as much as you do, let me show ways to screw them over"

Of course that might affect your ability to secure future contracts with any company, but hey, you can always sell dounts.

Top 5 proven:

1) BNI
2) Referrals from clients
3) Referrals from strategic alliances
4) Collect cards, make calls & set appointments
5) Set up a tickler file/OCS/CRM and call potential clients prior to their x/effective date

Top 5 un-proven:

1) Wait for the phone to ring
2) Chase people with no dough
3) Help the obese obtain health insurance that will pay for their lap-band surgery
4) Sell MLM on the side
5) Be late to your appointments

I still read new books, but I've gotten to a point where I think that if I just implemented the best points of the books I've already read, I would never need to read another book again. I hate to say it, but same thing with these internet forums. Every once in a while I find a nugget that greatly impacts my business and keeps me checking the boards each day.

Good post Delta76 and you are right. We know more than we are putting into practice. Although we learn something new or at least different once in a while. TGP has helped.

1. Handing out business cards & flyers in the ER and at funerals.

2. Going to bankruptcy court, asking for referrals from those who could not pay their medical bills. They always know someone who doesn't want to end up like them.

3. Reminding them that, God forbid, something tragic might happen if they fail to buy from me.

4. Maintaining stong connections with the Goomba community.

5. Maintaining a positive outlook.

You forgot poisoning people at restaurants, then asking who handles their insurance.

:laugh:

PS: A large portion of people who go bankrupt due to outstanding medical bills had insurance when the illness/incident occurred but couldn't afford to keep it due to being out of work from the incident/injury. What to do.

Back