Tell us your 5 most prooven marketing strategies

The bancruptcy numbers are somewhat misleading in that they captured info for people that filed bancrupcy AND happended to have "a" medical bill outstanding.... not necessarily the "cause" of the filing for BR.

I am the agent for one of the bigger bancrupcy law firms in Atlanta and THEIR stats show about 25% are truly filing due to being broker because of medical bills.....

Certainly no number to sneeze at... and a sad state of affairs, but no where near the 75% you hear floated around.

OF course, I'm waiting for the post from one of more prolific writers to offer up the 80 million UNDER-insured (no longer just an UNinsured issue) problem we have....as the next fodder for debate.

1. Market to those who want what you offer!
2. Keeping a client is more important than finding a new one.
3. Recommendations, referrals, and best of all introductions will take you to the moon.
4. Don't promise what you can't deliver!
5. Deliver more than you promise!

1) Contact with clients:

1) The day after app is submitted - let them know everything is ok.
2) The day it's approved - let them know it's issued
3) When you receive the policy - let you know you got it and are mailing it
4) A few days later - make sure they got the policy
5) Enter their email into my monthly E-newsletter.

If you're not sending thank you letters to everyone - hand written - your referrals will be very few and far between.

Just a couple of questions -

Do you send thank you notes to every customer, or just the ones that send you new clients.

How effective is the monthly email newsletter? I don't doubt that they can work, but I personally find these things annoying. I have a realtor that sends one to me monthly and I really don't care for his robotic style, or the fact that he sends me mail and email at specified intervals.

Another one of these things comes to me almost daily from an agent, that is offering to contract me with carriers that I have direc appointments with at rates as high or higher than what he's offering. Its really kind of stupid.

Thanks in advance for any response.

Everyone gets a hand written thank you the day after the application is submitted.

The monthly newsletter keeps me in touch with my clients. It's great for referrals. I pound it into my client's head to call me if they have a scheduled procedure or are diagnosed with an illness.

I can stop them from stepping on land mines.

Everyone gets a hand written thank you the day after the application is submitted.

The monthly newsletter keeps me in touch with my clients. It's great for referrals. I pound it into my client's head to call me if they have a scheduled procedure or are diagnosed with an illness.

I can stop them from stepping on land mines.

Now I feel like s--t. Up til now, I've only sent thank you notes to clients that send me referrals. I spend so much time getting new clients, that I didn't want to take the time. However, I placed a policy yesterday and the lady mentioned that she left her current agent for me, and that he should have stayed in touch. That's why your post caught my attention. An email like the one that you described is excellent. The problem that I have with the email that I get from the realtor is - he sends me info. on commercial property in the area, simply because he got my name off of some sort of list from the rental agency that I use to handle rentals.

Sounds to me like you really go the extra mile. Inspiring stuff. I'm changing my game plan.

Insurance Guru

Great post. I am interested in getting involved with selling individual health insurance. Give me a call. Thanks

Gregory Moore
Las Vegas Nevada
702-252-8321

1) Making calls
2) Staying in good contact with current clients to generate referrals
3) Making sure my block of business is happy for renewals

It's all about renewals. Replacing clients is expensive and most agents do not stay in contact.

Most clients will lose your contact info - possibly remember your first name. Months or even over a year later when they hit any snag they'll default to calling the carrier - which is a huge mistake.

If they don't think of you as "their agent" they're likely to hop right back on the net at renewal time to see if they can beat what they got.

If they suck up the rate increase and are bitter about it yet have had no contact from you then forget referrals.

I'm trying to figure out where everyone's renewals are. $500,000 a year at 5% is $25,000 a year in renewals X 4 years in the biz = $100,000 after year 5. Even if 25% of you biz is gone it's $75,000.

So my goal is renewals - which I'm quite impressed with at this point and is a problem for me with periodical laziness.

Contact with clients:

1) The day after app is submitted - let them know everything is ok.
2) The day it's approved - let them know it's issued
3) When you receive the policy - let you know you got it and are mailing it
4) A few days later - make sure they got the policy
5) Enter their email into my monthly E-newsletter.

If you're not sending thank you letters to everyone - hand written - your referrals will be very few and far between.

5) 3 months later I follow up - just to see how things are going.
6) Call when I receive their renewal letter

I cannot see losing a client - ever. If I lose a client it's:

1) They died
2) They no longer need an individual plan

Beyond that you should have a client for 30 years.

If you're not following this advice get real used to generating new business.

Back