Telling an Agent "sorry, We Can't Do That"

LGilmore

Guru
1000 Post Club
Ok ALLWEB, I'll return the favor and let you find this information on your own......

I was headed out of town for a weekend getaway a couple weeks ago. Late in the day, I remembered to email my "current" lead providers to pause my leads for my mini vacation. It was a Friday and I'm on the Pacific coast, so it was after 5 there. So I know I'm a bit at fault for short notice.

I received one lead over that weekend from allweb. I debated turning it back, but I also wanted to see what the company would do about the request, so I waited a couple of days before turning it in. No response.

So I hunted it down and found out the credit was rejected, because "they don't do weekends"....

Here's what gets me.... Why in the hell did I have to go Find the information? Where was the email Monday morning to me simply saying "we're sorry we could not honor your request because..."

Instead you make me go on a information hunt.

Am I alone in this thought that if a lead company has to tell me "no" on some issue..They should be upfront and do it, rather than making me hunt things down?

It's not necessarily that I'm unhappy about not getting the credit, it's more that I'm pissed about the process I had to use in having to find out.

And you leads guys that post here, what do you think? When a agent communicates with you with a basic request (pause) should you only respond when you can do it? What do you do when you can't?

It's not necessarily that I'm unhappy about not getting the credit, it's more that I'm pissed about the process I had to use in having to find out.

It looks like someone missed the email you sent, but we are checking into this to see what happened. I'm sorry, of course, that you had a poor experience. Let me get back to you with what I find.

Best,
Erik

Back