Telling my AD I was leaving was the hardest thing to do

Brandon 8676

Expert
Given what I said in previous posts it might seem quitting was a no brained, but on the contrary, it was far from that...... I had struggled trying to decide when and if to quit , and it was just so hard to because my agency director had been so good and helpful to me. Even though I hadn’t made but one sale myself, he assigned commission to me quite a few times from worksite sales that he had closed. He said that even though the fluid to growth book said there is grounds for termination if certain numbers aren’t met, he just didn’t have it in him to cut me like that.

He said he appreciated my effort and knew I was getting out and doing what I could to try to get business wrote and help the agency grow, and for that he would assign me commission on the weeks when he had good weeks, and that really helped me out a ton. There was one week where he got me like $2500 in AP, and a $1171 direct payout with like $750 toward my commission account that week. I felt so bad that I hadn’t been able to write business, that I had tried to object to it— I just didn’t feel good not having actually wrote the business and not earning it myself. But he told me he couldn’t let my efforts go uncompensated, particularly with a car payment to foot.

Of course with things being lean of late, he wasn’t able to help as much, and because of having the car payment, I pretty much had no choice to but to look for other work(with guaranteed pay). Ended up with 5 straight weeks of no pay.

And as such, I thought about it long and hard, it was not an easy decision for me, and it was quite emotional. I felt like I was betraying him by leaving following after everything he did for me. In fact whenever I told him I had to go look for other work, I actually choked up a bit. I felt like I was walking out on him, and I absolutely HATED that.

But he told me he absolutely understands my situation. Even with him being a 6 figure shrewd businessman, he said he understands the needs that come along with things like that, and it’s tough to go long periods of time like that without pay. He said he understood my feelings of depression not being able to sell and make a steady income in the business. So with that, he told me not to worry, that he was far from mad at me, and appreciated everything I did for the agency, in particular with helping people out with some of the software we used on our laptops. And he told me he would be absolutely happy to be listed as a reference so he could put in good word for me when potential employers call.

Sounds like a decent man to work for - who gave you business for the effort you put in. Of course, this is business and arrangements like that can't be done long-term, no matter how well-intentioned he is. At some point, you'd have to produce or leave. If anything, he made the decision harder than it needed to be. Good and bad, if you ask me.

When does your license expire Brandon?

Given what I said in previous posts it might seem quitting was a no brained, but on the contrary, it was far from that...... I had struggled trying to decide when and if to quit , and it was just so hard to because my agency director had been so good and helpful to me. Even though I hadn’t made but one sale myself, he assigned commission to me quite a few times from worksite sales that he had closed. He said that even though the fluid to growth book said there is grounds for termination if certain numbers aren’t met, he just didn’t have it in him to cut me like that.

He said he appreciated my effort and knew I was getting out and doing what I could to try to get business wrote and help the agency grow, and for that he would assign me commission on the weeks when he had good weeks, and that really helped me out a ton. There was one week where he got me like $2500 in AP, and a $1171 direct payout with like $750 toward my commission account that week. I felt so bad that I hadn’t been able to write business, that I had tried to object to it— I just didn’t feel good not having actually wrote the business and not earning it myself. But he told me he couldn’t let my efforts go uncompensated, particularly with a car payment to foot.

Of course with things being lean of late, he wasn’t able to help as much, and because of having the car payment, I pretty much had no choice to but to look for other work(with guaranteed pay). Ended up with 5 straight weeks of no pay.

And as such, I thought about it long and hard, it was not an easy decision for me, and it was quite emotional. I felt like I was betraying him by leaving following after everything he did for me. In fact whenever I told him I had to go look for other work, I actually choked up a bit. I felt like I was walking out on him, and I absolutely HATED that.

But he told me he absolutely understands my situation. Even with him being a 6 figure shrewd businessman, he said he understands the needs that come along with things like that, and it’s tough to go long periods of time like that without pay. He said he understood my feelings of depression not being able to sell and make a steady income in the business. So with that, he told me not to worry, that he was far from mad at me, and appreciated everything I did for the agency, in particular with helping people out with some of the software we used on our laptops. And he told me he would be absolutely happy to be listed as a reference so he could put in good word for me when potential employers call.

When does your license expire Brandon?

About 2 years from now, sans 2 months or so.

You in Alabama?

What if there was a system that got you in front of people wanting Final Expense Insurance and you used easy Apps that walked you through putting in their name, medications, other info and then picked the right plan and rates for you - all you have to do is go see the people?

What if there were like minded people that would let you ride with them, train, learn, ask questions, etc - would that help you get comfortable?

Could you do this part-time while working your other occupation?

You can make insane money selling Final Expense - insane . . .

It's so easy a laughing monkey or bouncing elephant can do it . . .

It sounds like maybe you're in the wrong type of insurance for your situation. If I needed a weekly paycheck for my family, there's no way in hell I'd be selling group policies. Takes waaaaay too long. I would need leads I can call today, close tomorrow and be paid within a few days.

Mortgage Protection and Final Expense are both great vehicles for this. You could achieve everything you want without letting your friend down if you get with a good IMO to make your living and then you'll have time to whale hunt with your current boss on the side. Eventually, making the transition would be seamless.

You in Alabama?

What if there was a system that got you in front of people wanting Final Expense Insurance and you used easy Apps that walked you through putting in their name, medications, other info and then picked the right plan and rates for you - all you have to do is go see the people?

What if there were like minded people that would let you ride with them, train, learn, ask questions, etc - would that help you get comfortable?

Could you do this part-time while working your other occupation?

You can make insane money selling Final Expense - insane . . .

It's so easy a laughing monkey or bouncing elephant can do it . . .
Yeah, I would definitely like that, I just don’t know if there is anything like that available in my area here in alabama

Yeah, I would definitely like that, I just don’t know if there is anything like that available in my area here in alabama

This place, specifically the FE forum, is where you need to be asking.

There is no shortage of recruiters looking for new prospects.

Look for someone that is a match. Don't be sucked into the $100,000 your first year pitch.

It may be that insurance is not for you. FE and mortgage protection are definitely trial by fire. You will sink or swim but find out rather quickly if you are cut out for the daily grind.

Where I screwed up at when I took the job was biting on the idea that if you make enough sales to meet bonus schedule for a certain amount of time and AP sold, you would qualify for company convention, which this year was in the Dominican Republic, and then next year will be at Ceaser’s Palace in Las Vegas. That was over my head, that’s for the big money producing agents. I probably could have made that if I had what it took to succeed, but my skills just weren’t even close to adequate. Last few weeks before I gave up I felt like I was sorely misplaced and didn’t really belong in that realm. It was cute for a while, but reality slapped me in the face hard and knocked me out with a big heaping serving of humble pie and crow, mixed in with humiliation as well. It was horribly embarrassing to see just how behind the curve I was compared to everyone else. All three of the other agents I worked with out of the local office are well on their way to making it to the convention.

Back