Temporary license-Texas

joshril

Guru
1000 Post Club
I have an agent in Texas that asked about a temporary insurance license. I know the state issues them, but I wondered what all the details or where I could find some info. Let me know if you guys know anything!

Thanks..

I know in TX you used to be able to flunk the test and be issued a temp. license for something like 60-90 days if you had enough hours of classroom training.

Temp licenses in Texas are issued for a period of 90 days and they are not renewable. They can only be issued once in any 6 month period. What that means is that once a license is issued, you have 90 days to sell. If you let it expire without taking the exam, you would have to wait another 90 days before getting another one.
My personal opinion is that temp licenses are not good. An agent will get a temp license, make a little money and never study for their exam.
At Texas Insurance Training Academy, we can get you licensed in as little as 3 weeks. By attending one of our 2 or 3 day insurance prelicensing classes, we can speed up the learning curve.

Latest posts

Back