Ten Months in - Should I Start Looking Elsewhere?

With all the reform I'm seeing, I'm wondering exactly the impact this will have on me. I started selling Med Supps, MA, PD, STC, LTC, and Hips to Seniors in Pennsylvania.

I've only been selling for 10 months, but I'm starting to get used to it.

The more I hear, the more I'm convinced that if this bill passes, there will be no room for commissions, and they'll try to hire some licensed people for the government for 30k a year.

At what point should I throw on the brakes and turn towards a different career? I don't want to start building up renewals, then find out my career is toast.

It will be great that I'll finally have nice health insurance through the government while I'm on unemployment and/or welfare :/

Is there any reason, if this passes, that we won't be affected?

Nobody knows the impact yet. We can all speculate, which is always entertaining.

Stick with what you are doing but create an additional line of business to market and sow the seeds now and gradually implement that into your current program.

At the very worst, you'll have an additional line of income.

Unless I've misread your post, it looks like you're in the senior market. Unless you're heavily dependent on selling MA plans, I doubt that whatever plan that may pass will have a direct and immediate impact upon you, although in the long run there will probably be some impact if Medicare is cut to help pay for whatever new program may be enacted.

If you are not currently selling final expense and life insurance in general I'd look at adding that.

In Pennsylvanis, it appears that the most popular MA plans are going the way of the dinosaur----at least in the Philadelphia metropolitan area. Both Independence Blue Cross and Aetna are cutting off some of their most popular MA plans in 2010.

Back