Ten Months in - Should I Start Looking Elsewhere?

ebooks

Expert
With all the reform I'm seeing, I'm wondering exactly the impact this will have on me. I started selling Med Supps, MA, PD, STC, LTC, and Hips to Seniors in Pennsylvania.

I've only been selling for 10 months, but I'm starting to get used to it.

The more I hear, the more I'm convinced that if this bill passes, there will be no room for commissions, and they'll try to hire some licensed people for the government for 30k a year.

At what point should I throw on the brakes and turn towards a different career? I don't want to start building up renewals, then find out my career is toast.

It will be great that I'll finally have nice health insurance through the government while I'm on unemployment and/or welfare :/

Is there any reason, if this passes, that we won't be affected?

At what point should I throw on the brakes and turn towards a different career?

I sell only Med Supps and I have no plans to stop selling them. I don't see any reason to "throw on the breaks".

In my and many others opinion, those who are in the know, Med Supps are not included in the definition of the legislation. Med Supp commissions are not "going in the toilet".

I would say that Medicare Part C plans will definitely be effected. In fact I'm counting on that happening. It is the main reason I and others believe there will be a huge explosion of Med Supp sales in the fourth quarter of this year.

I sell only Med Supps and I have no plans to stop selling them. I don't see any reason to "throw on the breaks".

In my and many others opinion, those who are in the know, Med Supps are not included in the definition of the legislation. Med Supp commissions are not "going in the toilet".

I would say that Medicare Part C plans will definitely be effected. In fact I'm counting on that happening. It is the main reason I and others believe there will be a huge explosion of Med Supp sales in the fourth quarter of this year.

Come on, Frank, I know that you know better----it is brakes! Too much goat milk?:mad:

Hate to disagree Frank, but I think that view is shortsighted.

In this new era we've entered, there will be pressure on ALL health insurance compensation; right now it's under 65 and Medicare Advantage, but I would make a very large wager that med supps won't be far behind. I wonder if there's a way for Goldman Sachs to "short" med supps?

There will be no sacred cows.

In this new era we've entered, there will be pressure on ALL health insurance compensation; right now it's under 65 and Medicare Advantage, but I would make a very large wager that med supps won't be far behind. I wonder if there's a way for Goldman Sachs to "short" med supps?

I agree with moonlightandmargaritas.
Sooner than later.Medicare Supplements will be affected.

medicare Insurance supplement insurance resource website and Medicare supplement Insurance Benifits website
American Seniors Insurance
www.americanseniors.com (American Seniors - Medicare Supplement Insurance Quotes)

www.AmericanSeniors.com

National Medicare Supplements
medicare supplemental insurance resource Medigap Plans and Guide

Get answers about medicare supplemental insurance coverage, cost ( plans) in your state
www.nationalmedicaresupplements.com
National Medicare Supplements
Medicare Information and Medicare supplement Insurance

Medicare Supplement Insurance Quotes - Compare Plans Online medicare supplements

American Seniors - Medicare Supplement Insurance Quotes medicare supplement insurance

Last edited:

You may very well be right, however, I'm from Missouri and I haven't seen anything indicating that yet.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Come on, Frank, I know that you know better----it is brakes! Too much goat milk?:mad:

Damn, first "mistake" this year. Not too much goat milk, it must have been the tequila. However, goat milk does make a good chaser. :twitchy:

Last edited:
With all the reform I'm seeing, I'm wondering exactly the impact this will have on me. I started selling Med Supps, MA, PD, STC, LTC, and Hips to Seniors in Pennsylvania.

I've only been selling for 10 months, but I'm starting to get used to it.

The more I hear, the more I'm convinced that if this bill passes, there will be no room for commissions, and they'll try to hire some licensed people for the government for 30k a year.

At what point should I throw on the brakes and turn towards a different career? I don't want to start building up renewals, then find out my career is toast.

It will be great that I'll finally have nice health insurance through the government while I'm on unemployment and/or welfare :/

Is there any reason, if this passes, that we won't be affected?

I have taken a lot of heat but I thank God for the decisions I have made. Diversify, or as M&M would say, hedge your bets. I got my P&C license and now I sell just commercial insurance and med. supps.

I sell a few less med supps but I make it up in commercial sales. I'm not saying that going into P&C is your answer, but I am saying DIVERSIFYING is. Sell what you like but sell more than 1 product.

I could be wrong, but I don't think so. Obama and the democrats are not done yet. This is only the beinnning.....

Back