Tennessee Rural Health/ Farmer's Health Plans

bluemarlin08

Guru
1000 Post Club
A prospect recently sent me a copy of their TRH health plan to review. A couple of things stood out and wonder if any of you have more insight on these issues. The policy does not address rate increases, where most policies state that increases can't be for individuals policies but must be for the entire class of policies, no mention in this policy. In addition, in the section where it discusses how the policy might be terminated, non payment of premiums etc, it has a statement that TRH can cancel at any time by giving 30 days written notice. I called TRH to try to get an explanation and the CSR said yes but she had never heard of a case where this was done. I see this as a dangerous way to have coverage if the carrier can cancel for any reason. Any of you familiar with this policy? I know Sales Wolf is.

Never heard of them. Seems like James knew something about them but James is not around any more and I have no idea how to contact him.

I cannot imagine any state, including TN, allowing a carrier to implement subjective rate increases or violate the basic tenet of all insurance contracts . . . they can only be cancelled for fraud or non-payment of premium.

Back