TERM Forum - Planned Conversion - go with 10 year vs 30 year?

myinsurebiz

I am what I am . . .
5000 Post Club
so - if someone is planning to Convert in 5 years or so - which?

30 year seems expensive.

Reason that I ask - have a guy that wants to get 3 or 4 million $ Term policies with the plan to convert all of it to Permanent when he sells his business in 5 years @ age 50.

Excellent health now - Preferred + type . . .

I'm thinking IUL - but, don't really know enough about UL products.

Sagicor and Ameritas may play?

Maybe NA?

Duh - that's why I asked. Thinking 5 years maybe 8 . . .

Then you have answered your own question... use the smallest term to take them to conversion that fits... but know the carriers rules regarding all that... they are not all the same...

... and will they convert? ...are they young, may have an unexpected child and need to keep the term until a much later date? ...will they have a house payment to cover? ...start a home business? ...lose employment? ...become sick?

That list goes on and on... that is why you need to ask the questions to them to make sure the plan fits what they are planning for and that you help them see possible unseens so they have time to consider them now...

Then you have answered your own question... use the smallest term to take them to conversion that fits... but know the carriers rules regarding all that... they are not all the same...

... and will they convert? ...are they young, may have an unexpected child and need to keep the term until a much later date? ...will they have a house payment to cover? ...start a home business? ...lose employment? ...become sick?

That list goes on and on... that is why you need to ask the questions to them to make sure the plan fits what they are planning for and that you help them see possible unseens so they have time to consider them now...

Yea - he's 45 now - no more children and everything is paid off already.

I may partner with another Agent that knows all about the different UL's and help me on this one to be sure. That's a lot of money to screw it up.

Thanks for your reply Hawk.

If Tom Dumb had 1/2 the IQ he says he has he should partner with an agent that knows what he or she is doing as respects life insurance until Tom learns. But he can't go to his upline because all they did was let him BS them into good contracts (so he says). Instead he asks the forum to help on every possible case.

Just another reason he has failed in all his past attempts to get rich and likely will again.

Rick

Yea - he's 45 now - no more children and everything is paid off already.

I may partner with another Agent that knows all about the different UL's and help me on this one to be sure. That's a lot of money to screw it up.

Thanks for your reply Hawk.
You should practice on *ick and keep practicing with him until you get it right. I'm sure he'll be glad to help. :yes:

You should practice on *ick and keep practicing with him until you get it right. I'm sure he'll be glad to help. :yes:

*ick is a Complete @!%&ING Moron . . . I need to partner with a real agent that actually know what he is doing and that isn't *ick . . .

Back