Term Insurance Under 50K?

Kita

Term Insurance in CT For Under 50K?

Anyone know if there is an insurance carrier in CT that sells term insurance (10/20/30) having less than $50,000 coverage (e.g. $25000)?

Anyone aware of a carrier in CT that offers term life coverage under $50k?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Term Insurance in CT For Under 50K?

Anyone know if there is an insurance carrier in CT that sells term insurance (10/20/30) having less than $50,000 coverage (e.g. $25000)?

Thanks
Is it worth writing a term policy for 25000 for the insurance company and agent? You can find plenty of UL/WL for that.

Choose Fidelity or Assurity and include ROP. Premium still affordable, easy issue, and you will still make a few bucks.

While $25K is a bit small, I'm targeting people who want a smaller amount because no one else does.

Rick

Re: Term Insurance in CT For Under 50K?

Thanks
I haven't checked if they do business in the state but Western Reserve goes down to $25K on their term products....I have only used it in replacement situations replacing equally small term policies from primerica.

Choose Fidelity or Assurity and include ROP. Premium still affordable, easy issue, and you will still make a few bucks.

While $25K is a bit small, I'm targeting people who want a smaller amount because no one else does.

Rick

Hmmm Rick, you must have the upgraded software for both companies because my software only allows a min of 50K term for either of the two companies mentioned.

I think TransAmer will allow down to 35K face amount but if they will buy 35K they will buy 50K, IMO. For that matter, have you compared these cos that offer 50K of term life to the full gambit of those who offer a minimum of 100K...? The typical client can get 100K for almost as cheap as the 50K. My opinion is if you are giving into their wish immediately w/o educating them based on what they can have for little more $$$, then maybe the client isn't getting their money's worth. Just a thought.

Another question, who only needs 25K of term life...? I guess I have never met those folks.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Have you been to the movies lately...?

They always educate you on what you can get for just a quarter more... don't they...? I ownder how much more pop and popcorn they sell, or more importantly how much more revenue these large movie houses bring in by offering the next size up...? It is just a quarter more...

So Mr client, for a quarter more (maybe 10-20 or 30 bucks per month diff), you can have the 100K of coverage. Shouldn't it be considered malpractice if you don't share that thought with the client...?

I have sold too much insurance in one day, now I am trying to sell you smuck agents. :D

Last edited:
Thanks all, I was selling a couple a policy and they immediately referred me to a young couple. Passing me the phone I briefly asked the basics to quote (smoke, age, meds, then amount). The amount was only 20-25k due to the husband laid off and their insurance went with the job.

I never sold term this low and was about to let them know 50k is the minimum. Obviously when I meet with them I will show options. However since it is a referral, and their first agent experience, I wanted to at least service/quote their initial request. Who knows I may have stumbled on a niche market in these economic times, or at the very least a new door opener.

Kita

Have you considered a UL running under a secondary guarantee, Kita? They can keep it longer for a lot less (UL vs. ART renewal rates and no physical), plus get some great tax benefits if you use an Option 2 with a wash loan. This low a face should be pretty much non-med from most all companies. For the same price as a $25K 30-year Term, you can probably guarantee coverage to age 100 running at minimum. Just an idea....

atlantainsguy

I would sell them something, but I wouldn't spend much time looking for a $25,000 DB as it won't pay you much (your a business owner and your time is worth something) and the couple is likely uneducated about insurance pricing. He could likely get a $100,000 10 year term policy for $10-$15/month, if he doesn't have at least that much available, it's going to lapse no matter what you sell him.

Back