Term Life with Recent Gastric Bypass?

NorCal Agent

Anyone know of a 10 yr term life market which will accept a client with a recent (July 2010) gastric bypass procedure? Her prior coverage has gone to the ART rates and she has asked me for help with a new policy. I went to Genworth and Fidelity, both said not right now (Fidelity said 2 yr. wait period).

Any help is appreciated...

Anyone know of a 10 yr term life market which will accept a client with a recent (July 2010) gastric bypass procedure? Her prior coverage has gone to the ART rates and she has asked me for help with a new policy. I went to Genworth and Fidelity, both said not right now (Fidelity said 2 yr. wait period).

Any help is appreciated...

We have had some luck with West Coast Life.

The other question of course are appointed with the ART company and if so can you convert to a dailed down plan? you will make more and she could pay less.
Who is the company?

We have had some luck with West Coast Life.

The other question of course are appointed with the ART company and if so can you convert to a dailed down plan? you will make more and she could pay less.
Who is the company?

I had thought of reducing her current coverage using the conversion feature to make it fit, but with her weight loss from the gastric bypass, she wants to use this as a short term solution since she needs to keep the face amount static, then re-apply after she has stabilized her weight at goal.

Thanks for the tip on WC!

I had thought of reducing her current coverage using the conversion feature to make it fit, but with her weight loss from the gastric bypass, she wants to use this as a short term solution since she needs to keep the face amount static, then re-apply after she has stabilized her weight at goal.

Thanks for the tip on WC!

Depending on the face amount look at Lincoln National. Got a guy table 2 for 1 MM for term that had a gastric bypass two years ago. He would have gotten standard if he had dropped more weight. He could get standard with one condition, but not both.

That only 6 month history will be the issue. Then if there were other issues As Vol stated that will start really getting sticky.

Some companies will let you dail down to a pretty short term with the same face.
When she starts comparing the ART premiums averaged over 5-10 years or a flat extra or tables on a new contestable policy. If any new policy. Conversion may look OK.

PRU will go current build after 6 months...No adjustments for lost weight. All other carriers in my experience will adjust for 1/2 weight added back, on top of 1-2 year waiting periods. PRU is super liberal on bariatric surgery history.

Latest posts

Back