Term Quote 71 Female

CALTCAgent

Guru
1000 Post Club
F, 71, B.D. Jan

Med: HBP-Amlodipine, Chol.
Hosp: Went back 10 years, nothing
5'-1", 129 lbs., N/S

Background: She says she was just accepted by Assurity for $185 mo. for 150K. She thinks it is guaranteed to 100.

I ran some quotes and the only Assurity plan in that range is a 10 yr. term plan. On the quote engine I used Assurity came out the best for 10 year term.

Questions:

1. Anybody able to beat this price ?

2. Suggestions on other life planning options ?

She wants to leave money for her grandkids.

GUL and lower the face ?

Thanks!

F, 71, B.D. Jan

Med: HBP-Amlodipine, Chol.
Hosp: Went back 10 years, nothing
5'-1", 129 lbs., N/S

Background: She says she was just accepted by Assurity for $185 mo. for 150K. She thinks it is guaranteed to 100.

I ran some quotes and the only Assurity plan in that range is a 10 yr. term plan. On the quote engine I used Assurity came out the best for 10 year term.

Questions:

1. Anybody able to beat this price ?

2. Suggestions on other life planning options ?

She wants to leave money for her grandkids.

GUL and lower the face ?

Thanks!

Age, face and premium do not add up.

----------

Assuming you mis typed the premium. If you are going to compete on price they look lower. However, I would not compete on price. If I were doing this case. I would show here Protective and compare the two at her age 82, 87 and 92.

Age, face and premium do not add up

I know. I forgot to put that when I ran assurity at a table 2, it seems to add up. I was thinking maybe she was a table 2 and there was more in her medical records.

Assuming you mis typed the premium. If you are going to compete on price they look lower. However, I would not compete on price. If I were doing this case. I would show here Protective and compare the two at her age 82, 87 and 92.

You mean since she won't have anything at 82, show her Protective at those ages ?

If so, I like that, and that was what I was thinking. I'd like to be able to beat assurity if I need to as well.

She complains to me that her agent didn't explain things, etc., plus she thinks it is guaranteed to 100. I might bring that point up as well. She was asking me lots of questions.

Last edited:
I know. I forgot to put that when I ran assurity at a table 2, it seems to add up. I was thinking maybe she was a table 2 and there was more in her medical records.

You mean since she won't have anything at 82, show her Protective at those ages ?

If so, I like that, and that was what I was thinking. I'd like to be able to beat assurity if I need to as well.

She complains to me that her agent didn't explain things, etc., plus she thinks it is guaranteed to 100. I might bring that point up as well. She was asking me lots of questions.

:err:Yeah, T2 would make a bit of difference.

There is your opening. You may be able to beat them in underwriting. But even if they are less than Protective They will increase to crazy high premiums at her age 82 and go up every year after that. Protective maintains the same premium and the face decreases.

I quoted against 2 10 yr old $750,000 20 yr term plans Saturday on a pair of 50 year olds. I did not want to compete with the premium. I choose to show $1,000,000 Protective 10 yr term and showed the huge advantage of Protective at their age 60,70,80 and 90. Ben Franklin style. Once I eliminated the competition I shoulded the the advantage of the 20 and 30 year plans. Looks like we are doing the 30 year plans. About 5 or 6 times the cost of the competition. I competed on value not price. Oh, and I noticed the old agent did not add the ABR to the old policy and of course I pointed out his negligence :) I will try to convert some of it later.

:err:Yeah, T2 would make a bit of difference.

There is your opening. You may be able to beat them in underwriting. But even if they are less than Protective They will increase to crazy high premiums at her age 82 and go up every year after that. Protective maintains the same premium and the face decreases.

Is this on their term plan it will do this ?

I was looking at their GUL.

Back