Term Rider Conversions Commissionable?

So, converting a BITR, AITR or CIR term coverage to its own WL or UL base coverage policy? if so, most I have seen pay commissions on that conversion

However, many carriers in recent years have started limiting the products you can purchase with a conversion. Basically, they will let you convert to their bottom shelf mediocre stuff, but not their top shelf good stuff reserved for new clients that were fully underwritten

So, converting a BITR, AITR or CIR term coverage to its own WL or UL base coverage policy? if so, most I have seen pay commissions on that conversion

However, many carriers in recent years have started limiting the products you can purchase with a conversion. Basically, they will let you convert to their bottom shelf mediocre stuff, but not their top shelf good stuff reserved for new clients that were fully underwritten

Had a client that I wrote over 11 years ago on a 20 year term that also has a child rider.

They want to convert both.

She is going to find the policy [ I can't remember ] and then I'll know the Carrier.

Had a client that I wrote over 11 years ago on a 20 year term that also has a child rider.

She is going to find the policy [ I can't remember ] and then I'll know the Carrier.

Nice. CIR with conversion offer is usually for up to 5x the rider amount at age 20 or 25 (at a narrow window) or some allow CIR conversion between a range of ages. Rarely are they wide open to convert CIR at any given time. This is mainly because the CIR covers all children or adopted children before application or after application, so controlling the CIR conversion window helps a bit against adverse selection to convert unhealthy ones only.

On the base term policy, hopefully it was a decent carrier as many carriers have gutted their conversion window to be only 5 or 10 years from purchase or you have to buy a conversion extension rider when you buy the term for the term to have a reasonable term conversion offer

I am curious. What's plan B if she doesn't find the policy? It's gotta feel a little awkward that she remembers to call you after all these years, but can't help her unless....

Back