Term Whole of Life

So you are suggesting that the actuaries who price products are the same people in charge of investing the life insurance company's reserves?

The short of it is I have had a life company go into receivership... there is risk... and I weathered 07 and 08 and saw that through... regardless of who is counting the beans and what beans they are counting... the ship that cannot sink may get a hole init

There are enough folks running life insurance companies, and making sure they are profitable, that they don't need help from the agent community.

They stopped getting my help when I stopped selling their products...

Furthermore agents are the ones who make the bottom line... they need our help on a daily basis...

I checked and found that 10 years ago Compulife had Shenandoah Life Insurance term products in our database. A few comparisons of their prices demonstrated that pricing their product incorrectly was clearly NOT what had gotten the company into trouble.

If the company was investing heavily on the gray mare in the 5th race, no actuary can be blamed for that corporate behavior.

So you are suggesting that the actuaries who price products are the same people in charge of investing the life insurance company's reserves?

I would think both have a hand in the success or failure of a company. They do different things but both effect the bottom line. If either or both screw up, well the company will be in trouble.

Back