Termination “without cause”

A very skilled, high-volume agent that I know recently got termed from an MA “without cause” for a period of 1 year after admitting to forging a signature of a prospect on a paper app because the applicant lived 2 hours away. Another agent and I were debating if this was standard or not, since we always thought that forgery was AUTOMATIC termination “wth cause”. The agent gets to keep MA renewals and will continue to plan supervise his agents, but will not sell.

Your friend is an absolute ***. Admitting to doing that IS NOT AN OPTION! Hes lucky they did not turn him in to the Department of Insurance.

A very skilled, high-volume agent that I know recently got termed from an MA “without cause” for a period of 1 year after admitting to forging a signature of a prospect on a paper app because the applicant lived 2 hours away.
I would also like to add this is exactly why CMS has so many regulations on MAPD, PDP plans. People bitch & moan about AHIP & carrier certifications but it still didn't stop that agent. He should not be getting renewal commission.

I would also like to add this is exactly why CMS has so many regulations on MAPD, PDP plans. People bitch & moan about AHIP & carrier certifications but it still didn't stop that agent. He should not be getting renewal commission.

This is exactly why due process exists.

We don't know squat, yet you are rushing to judgement.

Just between you and me and the fly on the wall, any agent who claims that Johnny Hancock has never stopped by his office is full of it. :fibs:

A very skilled, high-volume agent that I know recently got termed from an MA “without cause” for a period of 1 year after admitting to forging a signature of a prospect on a paper app because the applicant lived 2 hours away. Another agent and I were debating if this was standard or not, since we always thought that forgery was AUTOMATIC termination “wth cause”. The agent gets to keep MA renewals and will continue to plan supervise his agents, but will not sell.

Just wondering, could the wording be to protect the company. If an agent is terminated "with cause", could the agency be required to notify Dept. Ins. and thereby open itself up to possible investigation? I would think that forgery would cause some alarms to go off, that being a federal not just a state issue, and medicare related products... highly regulated.

Just wondering, could the wording be to protect the company. If an agent is terminated "with cause", could the agency be required to notify Dept. Ins. and thereby open itself up to possible investigation? I would think that forgery would cause some alarms to go off, that being a federal not just a state issue, and medicare related products... highly regulated.

Yes, many states do require notification if an agent is terminated for cause. As I mentioned earlier, they simply may not have wanted that attention.

Yes, many states do require notification if an agent is terminated for cause. As I mentioned earlier, they simply may not have wanted that attention.

Something of this nature may have caused the agency or company to receive a "cease and desist" order on MA sales until an investigation could have been concluded. And we all know how slow a states Dept. of Ins. can be. :yes:

Something of this nature may have caused the agency or company to receive a "cease and desist" order on MA sales until an investigation could have been concluded. And we all know how slow a states Dept. of Ins. can be. :yes:

While possible, going strictly by the original post I doubt it. The company doesn't need to send a cease and desist if they terminate the contract, unless the person continues. Also, why report it to the DOI but then terminate "not for cause". Go ahead and terminate for cause or suspend the ability to sell until a DOI investigation is complete.

But again, all just speculation at this point.

Back