Termination “without cause”

While possible, going strictly by the original post I doubt it. The company doesn't need to send a cease and desist if they terminate the contract, unless the person continues. Also, why report it to the DOI but then terminate "not for cause". Go ahead and terminate for cause or suspend the ability to sell until a DOI investigation is complete.

But again, all just speculation at this point.
Another possibly is renewals continue to be paid and the down line agents continue to be under contract because the agency was incorporated. Even if the agent was terminated for cause, the corporation was not guilty of anything and would continue to be paid. There are just too many unknowns to have any idea what really took place.

In answer to the original question that never really got answered.

Ultimately it is up to the company. They can terminate without cause whenever they wish. And as long as they do not break any laws or regulations, they can choose to terminate without cause instead of with cause whenever they wish.

Without knowing more about the situation or which company it is, it is hard to say if this is "standard" or not.

In answer to the original question that never really got answered.

Ultimately it is up to the company. They can terminate without cause whenever they wish. And as long as they do not break any laws or regulations, they can choose to terminate without cause instead of with cause whenever they wish.

Without knowing more about the situation or which company it is, it is hard to say if this is "standard" or not.

That he was a volume (what exactly does that mean?) agent, does say something about some of the actions taken. Maybe it was mutual agreement so that he can return or so that he walks away clean.

Just wondering, could the wording be to protect the company. If an agent is terminated "with cause", could the agency be required to notify Dept. Ins. and thereby open itself up to possible investigation? I would think that forgery would cause some alarms to go off, that being a federal not just a state issue, and medicare related products... highly regulated.

If it is done "For Cause" they must file that with the state DOI. Not knowing the facts of the case, they may have not wanted to hit him that hard but still want him gone. Example, the client was fine with everything on the policy so no harm to them, but still forgery. They may have felt like a firm slap on the wrist was better than ending his career.

Just between you and me and the fly on the wall, any agent who claims that Johnny Hancock has never stopped by his office is full of it. :fibs:

It appears what you are saying is that EVERY agent has forged someone's signature. If that's the case, you are wrong. I've been in the business since 1989 and have never signed another persons name to an application. Anyone who would is an unethical person. I can't fathom why someone would risk their livelihood over $228 to $455 of commissions. But you do you man.

It appears what you are saying is that EVERY agent has forged someone's signature. If that's the case, you are wrong. I've been in the business since 1989 and have never signed another persons name to an application. Anyone who would is an unethical person. I can't fathom why someone would risk their livelihood over $228 to $455 of commissions. But you do you man.

The holier then thou types like you are usually the biggest frauds and liars of the bunch. I don't believe you or trust you for a New York second.

The holier then thou types like you are usually the biggest frauds and liars of the bunch. I don't believe you or trust you for a New York second.

I could give two sh!ts if you believe or trust me. You're some random keyboard warrior who provides no value to my life whatsoever.

And the proper word is THAN, not THEN. You've made that mistake more than once which tells me it isn't a typo.

I could give two sh!ts if you believe or trust me. You're some random keyboard warrior who provides no value to my life whatsoever.

And the proper word is THAN, not THEN. You've made that mistake more than once which tells me it isn't a typo.

You got over 6000 posts and you are calling someone else a keyboard warrior:arghh:Alrighty then. Or is it than? Who cares Potsie!

You got over 6000 posts and you are calling someone else a keyboard warrior:arghh:Alrighty then. Or is it than? Who cares Potsie!

Let's do some math hot shot. My 6,000+ posts are over an eleven and a half year period. That's in the neighborhood of 532 per year or less than 1.5 posts per day. At your current pace, 75 in 36 days, that's better than 2 per day. If you keep that pace up, you'll be at over 8,700 in the same period of time.

Let's do some math hot shot. My 6,000+ posts are over an eleven and a half year period. That's in the neighborhood of 532 per year or less than 1.5 posts per day. At your current pace, 75 in 36 days, that's better than 2 per day. If you keep that pace up, you'll be at over 8,700 in the same period of time.

Yes lets do some math. 500 posts a year for a decade straight. 6000 posts taking an average of say 10 minutes to make and admire. That would be 60,000 minutes total. That would mean you have spent 40 entire days and nights of your life posting on this forum. This forum owns 40 entire days of your life lock stock and barrel. That is crazy man.

Back