Texas Closes Health Assistance Call Center

dang......I was wondering why they never got back on my application.....and have not seen any of that PCIP money yet for the clients I have put into that cash for clunkers deal.......man I love working for the govt........

Let's do the math....
$2.8M divided by the 6000 insureds it produced = $466.67 per policy sold.

Now, why not just pay agents a commission of $450 and call it even?

Dan

dang......I was wondering why they never got back on my application.....and have not seen any of that PCIP money yet for the clients I have put into that cash for clunkers deal.......man I love working for the govt........

I haven't seen a dime either, most have been enrolled since October.

This is why we will survive: $466 vs $203/yr. Anyone wanna open up a Navigator call center and double our income? Some of the article comments are worth a read.

The cost of shopping for health insurance - The Washington Post
Does the Texas Consumer Health Assistance Program represent bloated government spending, or is it a natural outgrowth of a complex health-care system? Comparing the public program to how much private health insurance brokers charge provides some clues.
In Texas, the average individual policyholder pays $203 in annual commissions to a health insurance broker, according to Kaiser Family Foundation data. That accounts for 8.6 percent of the average individual market premium in the state. This is high spending on broker premiums, compared with the national average of $145 annually.
The Texas program, at last count, has spent just about $466 for each phone call it’s handled. The hotline stays open until April, and if it handles calls at the same volume it did this past year, that number will drop to $350. That’s still a good deal higher than what private health insurance brokers charge Texas residents but also a number that includes start-up costs such as launching a Web site and hosting outreach events.

Back