Texas P&C License with Criminal Background

Trc29...I know it can take weeks and weeks sometimes to get info on approval back
( sometimes get as to do with 'back ups' in other systems.... stuff pushing 'lowly' background checks to the side for more 'pressing' matters....)

So let us know when you know.............

AustinsMom

I don't know if Texas classifies those Class B's regarding WHAT they entail.........
b/c again a single DUI or a prostitution hit SHOULD be looked at differently than a 'financial crime' like HOT CHECKS.

Not judging but it does open a can of worms in a scenario where a fiduciary (the agent) is required to HANDLE 'checks'..........

Unfortunately agents have been caught doing 'funny' business with folks money/checks/accounts in the past so I'd be dismayed if the state and i/c weren't EXTRA carefully in appointing ppl with backgrounds that suggest they MAY be capable of doing so in the future.

Again, I'm just suggesting you may need to prep for extra scrutiny, especially when the day comes (and it will almost assuredly come) that, that 'nice' old person says you said or did _______

And it becomes their word vs the 'check kiter'....no hard feelings just calling balls and strikes.

Best of luck

Thank you for your comment.....from what I understand, Texas law and California law are different, so I hope in this case you are wrong. According to the agent that has paid for my training and hired me to work in their office, I will be fine because it is not a felony charge. I think I am worrying for nothing....and if it does not work out, it does not work out.....I learned a valuable lesson, and my past does not define who I am today...praise God!

Thank you for your comment.....from what I understand, Texas law and California law are different, so I hope in this case you are wrong. According to the agent that has paid for my training and hired me to work in their office, I will be fine because it is not a felony charge. I think I am worrying for nothing....and if it does not work out, it does not work out.....I learned a valuable lesson, and my past does not define who I am today...praise God!

So you were a prostitute and got out somehow? good for you.

Ummmm...No, I have never been a prostitute....I wrote a hot check. The person that originally posted her question was charged with prostitution. I was just questioning the outcome of her licensing, because I am nervous about my misdemeanor hot check charge.

I wish you again, the best of luck but California vs Texas has NOTHING to do with what I wrote.

(Btw I'm licensed in Texas as well as Ca. among other states)

Again, since it was not a felony I to most likely 'THINK' you'll be fine but pitting the LAW of Ca. vs Tx is silly, short sighted and off base.

I don't care WHERE you are there will be ppl that 'will' (and in all FAIRNESS should) look at ANY person with a conviction regarding financial matters a bit MORE.

This isn't a 'personal' indictment......if you were to stop 'feeling' for a moment and THINK about it, yourself.
Of course even YOU would do a double take if ANY person came in the advise your mother on financial matters and were due to collect your Mom's
SS#
Bank account info
Credit Card
Checking Acct
DOB
and everything else a person would need to STEAL from dear ole Mom.

Can you honestly say that Texans are MORE forgiving or open minded than Californians when it comes to crimes committed ....
I doubt it.

I may come across a bit harsh here but I didn't quote a California LAW to you I/C's work have across this nation and their determination to appoint someone comes from THEM not the LAW of one state vs another, that's just nonsense and a waste of time to even discuss.

Just like the woman with the prostitution hit I told her she'll more than likely be ok....

I simply tried to (in a friendly way) explain that some companies and ppl would look more harshly at FINANCIALLY based offenses and that has ZERO to do with where one lives in America.

(It certainly seemed as if you trying to come across as if my position has something to do with Ca. flag on my profile....rest assured I'd lived all over this nation and my thought pattern has little to do with being in Ca. at this moment....I could very well be in Dallas or Chicago next week, so what

You mentioned your RECRUITER says this or that and that's FINE .
But again neither he/she nor I control if
AFLAC
ANICO
Travelers
New York Life
Oxford
Standard or any company will ultimately APPOINT 'anybody' and then weather or not said company will agree to advance said agent.

Point being recruiters RECRUIT and 'hope' for the BEST.....
The Marine Corp recruiter told us we'd get Sundays off to enjoy movies and the San Diego beaches......the D/Is thought that was funny...........

Thank you again for your comments, I was not trying to pit Texas against California an apologize that it came across that way. Again I appreciate your comments. Also, is the agent with State Farm that has hired me considered a recruiter?
I do understand what you are saying about the financial crime, I wrote a check on my personal account that my then husband had depleted without my knowledge, I wrote the check, for $25.00 and I was charged with theft by check, I was given 6 months probation and completed the probation, paid my restitution and divorced the then husband. I have taken responsibility for my action and I have never really thought of writing that check the same as swindling a little old lady out of her finances. I have passed criminal background checks within the past few months when I applied for nursing school, and have a copy of that background check and it shows nothing on my record, however; that was not a fingerprint check. Again thank you and I am sorry if I came across the wrong way.

Thank you again for your comments, I was not trying to pit Texas against California an apologize that it came across that way. Again I appreciate your comments. Also, is the agent with State Farm that has hired me considered a recruiter?
I do understand what you are saying about the financial crime, I wrote a check on my personal account that my then husband had depleted without my knowledge, I wrote the check, for $25.00 and I was charged with theft by check, I was given 6 months probation and completed the probation, paid my restitution and divorced the then husband. I have taken responsibility for my action and I have never really thought of writing that check the same as swindling a little old lady out of her finances. I have passed criminal background checks within the past few months when I applied for nursing school, and have a copy of that background check and it shows nothing on my record, however; that was not a fingerprint check. Again thank you and I am sorry if I came across the wrong way.

I don't know if you decided to defend yourself or how bad the prosecutor hated you, but getting 6 months probation for a bounced 25 dollar check is absolutely ridiculous. How could you let that happen? I know there are people who do real bad things out there and get away with them, what did you actually do to get hammered on the smallest possible issue.

I don't know if you decided to defend yourself or how bad the prosecutor hated you, but getting 6 months probation for a bounced 25 dollar check is absolutely ridiculous. How could you let that happen? I know there are people who do real bad things out there and get away with them, what did you actually do to get hammered on the smallest possible issue.

I was in a very bad and abusive marriage that I was in the process if trying to get out of and could not afford to hire an attorney. I was so afraid of going to jail that at te time I was happy with probation. I never realized that it would come back to haunt me like this. It had never prevented me from getting a job before and u just went through a criminal background check for nursing school and it came back fine but I am sure they were looking for drug and violent convictions. At this point all I know to do is give it to God and if it works out it does and if it doesn't then it was not in his plan for me.

Hey
AustinsMom chin up you'll be fine ....:cool:

If it went down like you say...I'm sorry that you got crapped on....
I agree with Farmer that getting ANY conviction over bouncing a single $25 check is outrageous and only possible if the D.A. had an axe to grind BIG TIME or felt you were getting away with something else he/she couldn't prove.
( I'm not going to go far far as "how could YOU let it happen"....
I think that's a bit overboard.
Naive, scared ppl can absolutely be punk'd into accepting ridiculous terms, some of them are in prison right now. So i don't BLAME her at all)

Bouncing a check is not the end of the world AustinsMom
(I know PLENTY ppl who should be labeled criminals if it were) you'll be fine with those facts...

It seems that 'Mom' is just a bit naive with a warm heart (like my own Mom) anyway FYI just to be able to NOT have to talk about this issue for the rest of your life.

I'd recommend, again IMHO you look into getting this B.S. expunged from your record all together with it being so minor...it seems you should be able to work a deal whereby if X amount time goes by w/o any further like problem this crap should go 'puff'.....

Please look into that b/c you shouldn't have a EXPLAIN a freaking bounced check forever for Pete's sake. (Also, the phrase "I wrote a HOT CHECK" is VERY loaded vs "I wrote a check that bounced"...just sayin')

Again,
Best Wishes

P.S. Let me also say that you should not have had to experience abuse at the hand of any man, let alone your own husband.
I hope you truly know that and understand your worth, by now but my heart moves me to tell you again....that YOU deserve better and 'better' is out here in this world FOR you.

Last edited:
Back