Texas: preparing for the exam without a pre-licensing course?

VolAgent, I think we're on the same page. The people directly counseling consumers and business owners should have a level of qualification far higher than that currently required. I have been working with someone exploring a certification program that actually means something.

That is great, but it still doesn't fix the core problem. Although some might not say it is a problem.

It doesn't raise the bar for entry. Until you have higher education standards and/or a required apprenticeship period, nothing fundamentally changes.

I think you have varying requirements based on meeting certain qualifications. Not everyone in the agency has to be a coverage expert just like not everyone in the courtroom must be an attorney and not everyone in the operating room must be a surgeon. You can have higher standards for personnel that directly assist customers in identifying and insuring exposures. In no case should someone by responsible for providing counsel to customers if their knowledge consists mainly of memorizing 50 questions and answers and learning how to fill out an application.

Anyone here think it is possible to skip the course and prepare for the exam by using google and the state regulations and statutes info online?
I think it's possible but I bet you will spend more time researching Texas stats and regs that you would if you were to complete a quality course. We spend many hours trying to condense this material for our students and then prioritize it in a matter that makes it easy to retain for the exam. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back