Texas School of Insurance Training

ewilkins

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I just enrolled to take their 2 day course. They have a 98% pass rate on the first try. I'll be taking their P&C first and I'll let everyone know how this goes. I had an agent refer me to them, so I'm assuming it's a good one. I tried to post the link, but I haven't yet reached 10 posts so the forum will not let me. If you just Google them, you'll find them. I'm taking the class in Austin, so not sure if it's available in other Texas cities or not.

I just enrolled to take their 2 day course. They have a 98% pass rate on the first try. I'll be taking their P&C first and I'll let everyone know how this goes. I had an agent refer me to them, so I'm assuming it's a good one. I tried to post the link, but I haven't yet reached 10 posts so the forum will not let me. If you just Google them, you'll find them. I'm taking the class in Austin, so not sure if it's available in other Texas cities or not.

There is really a lot of online providers for insurance pre-licensing these days that really gives a high-passing percentage rate for their students.

Not overly confident in that claim of 98% passing on the first try. The key is applying the thought process (thinking like an insurance agent) to the test questions. Those prep classes usually have only a few of the actual test questions. Being test-wise is a big plus. Know how to take a test-- do some research on testing. My technique, for both life and P&C was to go through and answer the obvious questions first. Second, go back and answer the questions which had been answered in other questions. Lastly, read and re-read the remaining questions or bounce back and forth between them until the best answer comes to you. DO NOT GET IN A RUSH. Most of all, use common sense.

Not overly confident in that claim of 98% passing on the first try. The key is applying the thought process (thinking like an insurance agent) to the test questions. Those prep classes usually have only a few of the actual test questions. Being test-wise is a big plus. Know how to take a test-- do some research on testing. My technique, for both life and P&C was to go through and answer the obvious questions first. Second, go back and answer the questions which had been answered in other questions. Lastly, read and re-read the remaining questions or bounce back and forth between them until the best answer comes to you. DO NOT GET IN A RUSH. Most of all, use common sense.

Agreed. I did take the course and I did pass it on the first try however....they tell you the first day, at the beginning of the class that the high pass rate is ONLY if you take their practice tests beforehand. You have to take them over and over until you get at least an 85%. At that point, you are ready to take the actual test. I took the practice tests no less than 20 times. The Texas P&C is a tough one.

Back