Texas Toyota 4runner 1998

TXtoyotaDriver

Let me give the best rundown I can think of.

State minimum coverage. (TX)

Black 98 4runner 4-cylinder 2WD 4 door clean title

230k miles, ABS, power everything

I have not been insured in about 45 days.

Credit score in low 600's

Non-fault, non-injury accident 19-20 months ago. A claim was made by the other party but denied.

Non-injury accident in Summer of 2010. Claim was made and paid out for 20k or so, my fault.

No moving violations that were not deferred or dismissed. no DUI ever.

Member of several organizations that can qualify for a discount. Also a Costco/Sams' member.

Oh, I have a surcharge with the TxDPS MSB, based on a no-license ticket that got dismissed. Due to forgetting to pay a couple times, the license has been briefly suspended twice (for 2-3 days both times, both this year).

Former GEICO customer but last insured by Horace Mann.

I've been seeing quotes everywhere from $50 to $200; I'm not sure if some companies go back 5 years on accidents and others do not.. appreciate the help!

Oh, 35 year old male, never been married.

Last edited:
Can't believe agents aren't fighting over this one. My carriers love me writing minimum limits.

Yet that's all you see on TV. Radio, the emails I get the lowest the cheapest yada yada

Its all the ins companies advertize these days no wonder the all the people want to shop is the lowest cost for insurance they look at as something they just have to have rather than ins they want or need to have

I am in Senior health and I still halfway look at car ins this way but want a little more then I would if I were not in the buis

except I pay a little more and when I had a cracked windshield Ins didn't pay anything its all deductible anyway, Yet I see the safelight commercials saying with MOST car ins its no cost to you WTF am I paying more for so I think why not just pay the least its all bull anyway

Haven't gone down that path yet and haven't spent the time looking at different policies but I will soon as my ins has more than doubled in the last 5 years and 0 accident think one ticket, Never did file the cracked windshield since they were not paying anyway

Yet that's all you see on TV. Radio, the emails I get the lowest the cheapest yada yada

Its all the ins companies advertize these days no wonder the all the people want to shop is the lowest cost for insurance they look at as something they just have to have rather than ins they want or need to have

I am in Senior health and I still halfway look at car ins this way but want a little more then I would if I were not in the buis

except I pay a little more and when I had a cracked windshield Ins didn't pay anything its all deductible anyway, Yet I see the safelight commercials saying with MOST car ins its no cost to you WTF am I paying more for so I think why not just pay the least its all bull anyway

Haven't gone down that path yet and haven't spent the time looking at different policies but I will soon as my ins has more than doubled in the last 5 years and 0 accident think one ticket, Never did file the cracked windshield since they were not paying anyway
Let me know when you are ready to look at alternatives and I'll find the best coverage. Most insurers DO pay for some glass repairs, most windshields are about 250.00 now so why bother with a claim?

Let me know when you are ready to look at alternatives and I'll find the best coverage. Most insurers DO pay for some glass repairs, most windshields are about 250.00 now so why bother with a claim?

I don't know anything about it except the Safelight commercials says with MOST car ins it is $0 cost for repairs to client $0 is Nothing $0

Not the biggest deal just trying to understand but either way will have to look soon too much on my plate at the moment though

Farmers used to have a separate line of coverage for glass which cost a few bucks every 6 months but covered all repairs and replacements. Most other carriers cover repairs at no charge and any amount over your deductible, so if you go to $0 Comp you are covered

Farmers used to have a separate line of coverage for glass which cost a few bucks every 6 months but covered all repairs and replacements. Most other carriers cover repairs at no charge and any amount over your deductible, so if you go to $0 Comp you are covered

So the Commercial is BS not surprized amazing how they can get away with that I cant turn my head the wrong way without regulation in the senior industry

Back