Texting in a Foreign Language

WinoBlues

Guru
5000 Post Club
I speak Spanish well enough to sell F2F. And I do OK by phone. It also helps that most Spanish speakers really do speak and understand quite a bit of English. I do OK reading Spanish if the conversation is long enough for me to get the gist of the subject. I can not write in Spanish.

Recently I wrote a couple apps on a Spanish/English language person and his Spanish language wife. F2F meeting and writing the Apps went well. The problem came up when I had to do quite a bit of follow up with the wife. She would text me in Spanish. Solution - Google Translator. Between that opened on one screen and Google voice text opened on the other screen it was a piece of cake. I also recently used it with a Hmong Speaking client. Not a sells call but enough to ask her to have her daughter to call me to set a meeting.

I get calls from agents asking me to help with Spanish leads from time to time. Since most phones now days seem to be cell phones it seems that translator and text would help in making contact and asking when an English speaker would be available.

Translator is not new to me but using it with text is.

I speak Spanish well enough to sell F2F. And I do OK by phone. It also helps that most Spanish speakers really do speak and understand quite a bit of English. I do OK reading Spanish if the conversation is long enough for me to get the gist of the subject. I can not write in Spanish.

Recently I wrote a couple apps on a Spanish/English language person and his Spanish language wife. F2F meeting and writing the Apps went well. The problem came up when I had to do quite a bit of follow up with the wife. She would text me in Spanish. Solution - Google Translator. Between that opened on one screen and Google voice text opened on the other screen it was a piece of cake. I also recently used it with a Hmong Speaking client. Not a sells call but enough to ask her to have her daughter to call me to set a meeting.

I get calls from agents asking me to help with Spanish leads from time to time. Since most phones now days seem to be cell phones it seems that translator and text would help in making contact and asking when an English speaker would be available.

Buena información Lee. Sólo tengo un teléfono semi-inteligente porque no soy lo suficientemente inteligente como para usar un teléfono inteligente. No sé si podría hacer eso en mi teléfono de Windows.:)

Buena información Lee. Sólo tengo un teléfono semi-inteligente porque no soy lo suficientemente inteligente como para usar un teléfono inteligente. No sé si podría hacer eso en mi teléfono de Windows.:)

Si tienes traducir y google voz abierta. Puedes hacerlo todo en tu escritorio

Have you done that with your cell or just desktop?

Back