Thank You Cards/Notes

Mark

Guru
5000 Post Club
Georgia
I was just talking to an agent last night about Thank You Cards/Notes and I want to know or see what you send out to your clients after the sale.

I know a lot of agents use them as a means of getting referrals and more business also.

Besides Thank You, what else do you put on yours?

Dear Dwayne and Marie,

Just wanted to say thank you for your business. Your valuable time and the information you provided is greatly appreciated.

I will keep in touch, so that we may continually be on top of things.

You can rest assured, anyone you refer to me will receive the utmost in professional care.

Take care,

Bob Levine

I was just talking to an agent last night about Thank You Cards/Notes and I want to know or see what you send out to your clients after the sale.

I was taught by a very successful referral marketing expert that it takes multiple touches to build credibility first prior to asking for referrals. Using an automated, yet highly personalized card sending campaign, my system writes a very nice "Thank You" card, reassuring them that I will be supporting them through any questions that may arise. I also tell them that (in the case of Med Supps) I will continually shop the market for them each year, as my loyalty is to them alone.

A week later, my system sends them a personalized card telling them that their application is being processed and all is well. This holds their hand, as this is just about the time that they're wondering what's going on.

A week later, the system tells them that they should be receiving their materials shortly. It encourages them to send back the receipt promptly, if there is one included in their material. It also reminds them to call with any questions, as we are here to take good care of them, our new client.

Two weeks later, a card goes out that mentions referrals. It mentions the fact that we have found them the best possible deal, and that most seniors are paying too much for their Med Supp if they have not shopped it recently, as they have. It then asks who they might know that might need an extra $50 or $100 per month put back into THEIR bank account, too.

.. and on and on, this is a brief overview of the automated follow-up that's done. The other things that happen automatically is that a pre-selected, yet personalized birthday card goes out, on time, on their birthday. The most interesting part is that it takes me less than 60 seconds per client to make this happen. All I have to do is enter their name, address, and birthday and the system takes care of the rest, like clockwork.

Also, when I want to send a timely card like photos from our vacation or Christmas cards to all, I just design the card, including photographs from our camera, and push a button and they go out to the entire group. The envelopes are printed in a handwriting font, in blue ink, and the clients absolutely love them. MANY of the ladies will write cards back in thanks.

Any agent that deals in the senior market that does not touch them regularly is not only missing an opportunity for a great amount of referrals, but also risks losing their newly found client to someone else who WILL follow up on a regular basis. It makes them feel comforted, appreciated, and well cared for.

Everyone can appreciate a Thank You card. Something to consider though -

I tend to thank the client in a cover letter when delivering a policy, contract or forms confirming the work that I did for them. Additionally I will ask for referrals at that time as well.

Upon receiving referrals I will send a Thank You card, which may include a Starbucks gift card, or perhaps a gift card to their favorite restaurant.

I like the idea of Thank You cards, but I like there to be a separation of doing the original business with me and providing referrals.

Providing a helpful and quality service is already showing your thanks for their business. Referrals deserve a completely different level of thanks.

I like the idea of Thank You cards, but I like there to be a separation of doing the original business with me and providing referrals.

Providing a helpful and quality service is already showing your thanks for their business. Referrals deserve a completely different level of thanks.

I absolutely agree. I make it a VERY big deal when someone provides a referral. I'll either attach a gift to my thank you card (like the gourmet brownies, or a WalMart or Target gift card). Even so, they seem to appreciate the food more than the gift cards. Go figure!

Hashish? I bet you will have a lot of referrals coming your way from your brethren and sisters here at our little forum.:twitchy:

We send handwritten notes before the sale.

Sending them after the sale is something that we should probably add to our process.

Thanks for the tip.

Back