Thank You for Your Service

WinoBlues

Guru
5000 Post Club
I would like to thank the United Stated Veterans on this site for their service to our Country. These are not just word to me they are heartfelt.

This weekend my sons installed a new flag for me. I started to get a little teary, but when my they said "we got this Pop" I lost it. Seems like I should be the one in uniform for them not the other way around. Just does not seem right.

My Family has been very lucky. since WWII we have not had a KIA. That does not however mean that we take the sacrifice of others lightly.

Also a plea to not forget our Wounded Warriors They pay your and my price for freedom every day. Wounded Warrior Project - Wounded Warrior Project

I know this is not really an insurance post. However speaking to Sam in the past I doubt he will mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
U.S. Navy Vet here, on my 20th B-Day A plane crashed on my flight deck aboard the USS Lexington AVT-16, 5 killed and several injured with burns, very gnarly experience.

Remember those who gave all.

Directed a funeral this afternoon for a retired serviceman. The local DAV did the graveside service with full honors in dress uniform. They did an excellent job as always. But after all these
years, the appreciation and admiration I have for for these heroes is still overwhelming. Many of them are personal friends who have told me their stories and what they went through. Now they honor the fallen with true dedication.

I second Lee's sentiments. I went to a basic training graduation last year. They threw several smoke bombs onto the field. After about 30 seconds or so, we started seeing soldiers working their way across the field through the smoke as if they were in combat. I couldn't help but start crying. I was overwhelmed with gratitude thinking of the sacrifice that so many have made.

Thank you to all who have served. I greatly appreciate you!

Proud to be an American! I wasn't born here, but I love this country more than "my native" country. I'm so grateful to everybody who sacrificed their live to make it what it is including slaves who contributed to the development of this fabulous country.

Great sons Lee!

Proud to be an American! I wasn't born here, but I love this country more than "my native" country. I'm so grateful to everybody who sacrificed their live to make it what it is including slaves who contributed to the development of this fabulous country.

Great sons Lee!

Mah, immigrants become Americans by choice. The rest of us are merely lucky our immigrant forefathers made that choice. The choice to come here or the choice to stay.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Insurance Forums

Great sons Lee!

Mah, I am glad you feel that way and I for one am glad you are an American even with a Jamaican accent! :)

God bless all of our veterans both living and deceased and their families. God please protect all of those serving our country.

Please prayer for one of my best friends who was an Army Ranger who served to keep the peace in Egypt when Sadat was assassinated. He recent was diagnosed with stage IV lung cancer. He is 53. Please prayer for a miracle. I believe it is possible.

I would like to thank the United Stated Veterans on this site for their service to our Country. These are not just word to me they are heartfelt.

This weekend my sons installed a new flag for me. I started to get a little teary, but when my they said "we got this Pop" I lost it. Seems like I should be the one in uniform for them not the other way around. Just does not seem right.

My Family has been very lucky. since WWII we have not had a KIA. That does not however mean that we take the sacrifice of others lightly.

Also a plea to not forget our Wounded Warriors They pay your and my price for freedom every day. Wounded Warrior Project - Wounded Warrior Project

The True Meaning of Memorial Day - YouTube

I know this is not really an insurance post. However speaking to Sam in the past I doubt he will mind.

Great post! Thank you to all who have served. We honor you more than you know.

Back