That something new feeling is gone - Laptop

WinoBlues

Guru
5000 Post Club
My 6 year old Surface Pro's battery is down to about 2 hours so time to retire it to the patio. Still works great.

So my new Surface showed up today. I remember getting a new phone or computer and just being jazzed to set it up and start playing with it. Now I am just annoyed. I guess even old guys get jaded to new technology.

It does have a really nice screen.

For what it's worth, I work fulltime with technology and the incremental improvements lately aren't really that exciting. My phone screen has been cracked for two years but I dont want to learn how to transfer all my apps and get it connected to everything again.

My first cell phone I spent an hour picking the right polyphonic ring tone on and now mine are the default for years.

For what it's worth, I work fulltime with technology and the incremental improvements lately aren't really that exciting. My phone screen has been cracked for two years but I dont want to learn how to transfer all my apps and get it connected to everything again.

My first cell phone I spent an hour picking the right polyphonic ring tone on and now mine are the default for years.
Just download the transfer app lol.. (if you have a samsung this is easy) basically transfers your whole phone to your new phone.

Microsoft surface is an expensive tablet not a PC, you could have bought a 2n1 laptop for cheap and done the same thing.

Probably. However, my original Surface has been my only computer for six years and has made me a few dollars. Sits in a docking station with a large second monitor, Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, and HDMI to my HD TV. I undock and go. I have my office anywhere I go. I ex[ect this will do the same.

Full windows in a tablet if I need it otherwise I have a nice detachable keyboard.

I also have Sennheiser bilateral headset at my desk. I could have gotten a couple of cheaper ones, however, sound quality if Very important to me. not so much me hearing them but them hearing the slight inflections in my voice.

There are agents that spend more on their game, music or entertainment systems than on their business equipment. That is not me. My business equipment buys all of that other shit.

Probably. However, my original Surface has been my only computer for six years and has made me a few dollars. Sits in a docking station with a large second monitor, Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, and HDMI to my HD TV. I undock and go. I have my office anywhere I go. I ex[ect this will do the same.

Full windows in a tablet if I need it otherwise I have a nice detachable keyboard.

I also have Sennheiser bilateral headset at my desk. I could have gotten a couple of cheaper ones, however, sound quality if Very important to me. not so much me hearing them but them hearing the slight inflections in my voice.

There are agents that spend more on their game, music or entertainment systems than on their business equipment. That is not me. My business equipment buys all of that other shit.
Im guilty of buying a specced out gaming pc for "work". Side note are you gonna be at the mastermind in Las Vegas?

Im guilty of buying a specced out gaming pc for "work". Side note are you gonna be at the mastermind in Las Vegas?

No, but maybe. My sister - ln - law is the end stage. So we need to stay close or at least in the north part of the state. If I go it will be just me to meet up with some of these superstar Unicorns over drinks. Then Fly out in the AM.

That is going to be one powerhouse group of youngish game changers.

Are you going?

No, but maybe. My sister - ln - law is the end stage. So we need to stay close or at least in the north part of the state. If I go it will be just me to meet up with some of these superstar Unicorns over drinks. Then Fly out in the AM.

That is going to be one powerhouse group of youngish game changers.

Are you going?
Yes, I've never been on a plane before so that's the least exciting part .

I am at a stage that I am working my book and taking inbound calls. I spent the morning doing Veteran stuff, cleaning the pool and teasing my granddaughter about losing her front teeth. I don't want to do all of that other stuff. OK, I want to but I want this other stuff more.

You on the other hand! Dude, I would so embrace this.

Latest posts

Back