That's What You Get for Filling Out Those Paid Surveys!

LGilmore

Guru
1000 Post Club
I have been hit for the last week with fake leads taken from those Facebook and internet "paid" survey companies.

I have had long conversations with these people who are giving general information to these survey groups, only to find over the next few months that any possible quote request from home owners, life, auto loans, college loans, reverse mortages, home loans and you name it, has been done in their names.

They are getting bombarded by any possible "lead" out there. Most are getting an earful from the agent on the other end. I haven't yelled at anybody "yet", but to hear their stories and their real suprize at how many things they've signed up for is amazing. They've given their personal information, social security numbers and so on.

The SS number is slick. They ask for the last 4, then when submitted, show an error message and ask for the entire SS number... and they give it to them.

I have watched internet leads go from a great thing to a great thing for organized crime. I feel sorry for this people for what they've done to themselves, but at the same time. I have a bit of enjoyment knowing for the next decade, they will be called for just about anything under the sun.

I still get contacted for a name I used over 6 years ago. Lars Gilmo doesn't exist, but that doesn't stop anybody from selling Lars like he does.

My favorite was the calls from the far east asking for "IMA Agent" .

Just thought I would share. These things come in bunches.

I agree that alot of companies do this crap...The latest culprits on sites like Monster, when people are applying for jobs, pop ups occur...They think it's part of the process, then their phone rings off the hook...

There is an IMO out there that sends out these surveys direct mail. I worked these leads and they people aren't any more interested in buying annuities than they are anything else. Not a good way to develop leads.

Back