The 3 Call Script: How to Get Your Calls Returned.

Obviously he can sell his time to some. Unbelievable that people would pay to hear that drivel.

Can he sell insurance with the advice he charges for? Really doubt it.

I wouldn't use his exact language, but that's me. I'm not sure how to take your comment about people paying to hear his "drivel", since I basically gave the guy my endorsement.

I suppose I could fire back about working in a market that requires wading through cockroaches and cat piss - all in good fun of course. But that would assume I actually understood your market. Unbelievable that someone with no experience in another's market would make an uninformed comment like that.

So I assume you will not be purchasing any of his materials?

I think with a product oriented sales process, this could work, but not for a comprehensive planning process, that should be more professional imo...

Well, I don't know.. He says it works for him in obtaining speaking clients and that is also a consultative type of business. Personally, I don't like the way he says when calling a referral that he is calling to discuss the person making the referral.. Almost sounds like he is wanting to spread a little gossip. But that is just my take on it.

There is actually some good info in that video. You never say someone elses script word for word... you make it your own by modeling your script from those concepts.

Leave 3 voicemails, but space them out.
Follow up voicemails with emails.
Mention a referral sources name when calling that referral.
Be direct.
Give the person an out or make it clear that they can say no without offense.
Make it clear that you will not keep bothering them after they say no.

All good concepts for calling prospects.

There is actually some good info in that video. You never say someone elses script word for word... you make it your own by modeling your script from those concepts.

Leave 3 voicemails, but space them out.
Follow up voicemails with emails.
Mention a referral sources name when calling that referral.
Be direct.
Give the person an out or make it clear that they can say no without offense.
Make it clear that you will not keep bothering them after they say no.

All good concepts for calling prospects.

I agree with those points. I do it much the same way and agree that I would rather have a no or not interested than a no answer. I am just not as direct or blunt as he showed after the second call. But I agree with the points. A lot of my text and email messages run the same way. Kinda basic.

I agree. I would probably say something more like "I don't want to wear out my welcome (or "I don't want to be a pest"), so if you'd rather not hear from me, please let me know."

Since most people are afraid of confrontation, I feel they will lie and say, "oh no, you're ok."

I give them a better out: "Bob, we've been talking for a while now. Are you still interested or SHOULD WE HOLD OFF FOR 6 MONTHS until you pay off some loans or get a raise and your financial status improves?

Almost all of them will say "hold off for six months.

If they don't, ask: Then what's holding you back from going ahead with the program now?

Another way to get them to go into the call later file is: Bob, when most people don't get this started quickly, it's usually about money. Is this stretching your budget a little too much now? Should we hold off for about 6 months when you pay off some bills and your situation improves?

This gives the prospect a way out without feeling embarrassed.

mickeyma,

That's great... after you've actually WORKED with the prospect.

The video was about making the first connection with someone that you haven't previously spoken to or met with yet.

I wouldn't use his exact language, but that's me. I'm not sure how to take your comment about people paying to hear his "drivel", since I basically gave the guy my endorsement.

I suppose I could fire back about working in a market that requires wading through cockroaches and cat piss - all in good fun of course. But that would assume I actually understood your market. Unbelievable that someone with no experience in another's market would make an uninformed comment like that.

So I assume you will not be purchasing any of his materials?

I still say it's drivel. All in good fun, of course. And no, I won't be spending any money on it. I already wasted valuable time on it.

As to your market veiled insult all in good fun, what market doesn't use the phone?

I suppose this is just one those cases where you have to be a pompous ass in order to appreciate the drivel? All in good fun!!

I suppose this is just one those cases where you have to be a pompous ass in order to appreciate the drivel? All in good fun!!

What a coincidence. When I come across someone who challenges me when I said something stupid, I call them a pompous ass too.

He does that a lot ...... uninformed comments, or as he so eloquently puts it, "you don't know what you don't know. "
I wouldn't know about that. He said something I disagreed with, so we traded a few replies. Nothing to see here. If you have an issue with him, no need to bring it to this thread.

Back