The 9 Most Useful Life Insurance Riders

If budget is not a concern. Then individual policies on every one. Also individual DI, CI LTC.

On Child Riders. A $20,000 CldRdr = $5.(all children) Standalone policy is about $12. base, each, Add GIO. Difference = $7. for one child.

The chlid rider is normally convertible to 5xs at age 25. @ 25 $20,000 = about $15. - $100,000 = about $55. for WL @25

On one child not a big difference, $7.. On three children, $31., That could = a $225,000 30 yr term policy W/WP &ABR. (f 30 P)

Just a different perspective.

On the GIO. A couple years ago. I helped a consumer on here with a couple Pru options. He has been on disability waiver since the policy was issued. Pru allowed the purchases under waiver. In his case the GIO and WP was the best.

Sometimes we deal in what ifs in this business.

Mid week I went to a step granddaughter's Middle School Volleyball championship. She is a beast at the net. I wrote stand alone policies on her and her sister when my son married their mother.

Last night, we went to a fund raiser for a 5 year old that is no longer allowed to run or jump. A convertible child rider would have been a very helpful to this young family.

Just a thought.

Being the father of healthy kids I feel very lucky. donovansdisease

I think all of the riders have some form of significance to each person as a need that will give them peace of mind. The insurance is not for you to decide how it should make that person feel, it is up to the individual to decide on peace of mind!

Back