The Agent Recruitment Problem

At some point be it sold online or offline people are going to have questions. Try explaining a WL, JUL, GUL, or whatever online or over the phone. Sure term is easy but today there's a whole generation of people who did the buy term invest the difference and found out many things sound great in theory.

While this article is from a Canadian source, it is relying upon U.S. data from A.M. Best.

Disruption Ahead? | The Insurance and Investment Journal

There is a vacuum developing in the market, and it is going to lead to even more under served consumers, and opportunities for those who pay attention.

As a grizzled veteran of several industries, I know above everything else that we should never underestimate the power of a trend. Once in place, they continue in the absence of massive countervailing action.

The trend toward online marketing and other disruptive player is possible, in part, because traditional agents have not give value that exceeds the capability of commodity sellers. There is plenty of room for value, but it takes over-and-above knowledge and orientation toward high-level client-need-focused service.

At some point be it sold online or offline people are going to have questions. Try explaining a WL, JUL, GUL, or whatever online or over the phone. Sure term is easy but today there's a whole generation of people who did the buy term invest the difference and found out many things sound great in theory.

Pretty much this. As an agent, I don't know how many internal sales rep. I go through in which I get 3-4 different answers for the same question.

Can you imagine how this will fare for consumers?

Many of the ones I meet either bought term and spent the difference, or didn't know that they had term coverage, had no idea that it would go up or come to an end! Poor sales tactics or short memories, who knows ?

Back