The American College Will Announce WMCP this Fall

Discussion in 'Certified Financial Planners (CFP®)' started by DHK, Jun 4, 2017.

1. DHK

DHK Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    The American College Welcomes Wealth Management Thought Leader David Blanchett As Adjunct Faculty

The American College Of Financial Services And GAMA International Launch New Educational

http://www.investopedia.com/financial-advisor/how-give-clients-what-they-actually-need/

When Dr. Robert Johnson, PhD, CFA, CAIA took the post of CEO of The American College a few years ago, he welcomed open ideas regarding the College and/or anything else. I submitted that the College did not have a mid-range investment-oriented designation that could "compete" with CIMA that would be a good fit for its students and that HE would be an ideal person to help develop such a curriculum as he himself is a CFA and CAIA. Dr. Johnson agreed with me.

A couple of years later, Dr. Michael Finke from Texas Tech joined the faculty at The American College as Chief Academic Officer and he was forwarded a copy of my email from Dr. Robert Johnson and we spoke by phone about it.

It appears that out of that idea, a new designation called Wealth Management Certified Professional (WMCP) will be launched this fall and, in my opinion, will help to close a cap of course curriculum offerings from The American College.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017