The Best MED ADVANTAGE PLAN ???

Gulfman

Guru
100+ Post Club
Hey Buds,

That time of the year again...and NOW Hearing all kinds of stories...who's got the better "Med Advantage" product in my area.

• United Health
  • Humana
  • ???
I'm hearing all kinds of BS.
  • Humana is an HMO
  • United is a HMO/PPO ?
*Any Truth to this?

Truly....who has the better product?

What's your opinion?

MAPD benefits within a company are going to vary from market to market, state to state and year to year. Quite frankly, they don't vary greatly from company to company. What is of primary importance to most consumers is the provider network. And, that also changes from year to year. It's really about finding what best fits the needs of your client. Of course, if a plan is in CMS jail, you'll want to direct them away from that one.

You can't use superlatives like best when describing Advantage Plans, and the best plan in one area will not be the best plan in another but if there was you couldn't use the terminology to describe them that way. In other words you won't get the answer you're looking for

The best plan?

Its the best plan for the client in front of you. Based on their docs, their meds and their needs.

What's best for the agent should be irrelevant. :)

Last edited:
The best plan?

Its the best plan for the client in front of you. Based on their docs, their meds and their needs.

What's best for the agent should be irrelevant. :)

Go back and read my post.

The poster asked what the best carrier was. I said the "best" plan for one client in one state won't be the "best"for the same client in other because of plan differences by region. Where did I say anything about the best plan for the agent?

Go back and read my post.

The poster asked what the best carrier was. I said the "best" plan for one client in one state won't be the "best"for the same client in other because of plan differences by region. Where did I say anything about the best plan for the agent?

Craaaaap....I will edit. I'm on my tablet and used quote to respond.

But forgot to erase your quote. My apologies.

MAPD benefits within a company are going to vary from market to market, state to state and year to year. Quite frankly, they don't vary greatly from company to company. What is of primary importance to most consumers is the provider network. And, that also changes from year to year. It's really about finding what best fits the needs of your client. Of course, if a plan is in CMS jail, you'll want to direct them away from that one.

Ok...gotcha.

The word "best" would only apply to the "individuals" situation.

NOW what about that Humana HMO vs. United HMO/PPO?

Is "United Med. Advantage" in fact a PP0???

Is "United Med. Advantage" in fact a PP0???

The plan describes itself as a ppo, hmo or snp. There usually are a few to choose from in any service area by that carrier. Read the cover of the kit!

Back