The Best Way to Team Up with Other Agents

I'm still new to this crazy world of insurance and although I seem to be gaining useful knowledge all the time I still feel like the learning process is endless!

I specialize in (nothing yet) Voluntary Worksite Benefits. I don't have any plans of dealing with Major Med. and would like to contact and network with as many independent agents in my area as I can in hopes of building a "team" and getting my wheels in motion. I am going to do all the work, sell (if they desire), enroll, and service each case. All they need to do is sign their commission check.

I am wondering what the easiest way to:

A: Get a list of independent agents in my area

B: Go about this process successfully - gain knowledge and hopefully peak someones interest

C: Any other suggestions

*Feel free to critique my lingo as well - there's so much in this biz

As always thank you message boards!

Join the local NAIFA in your area meet with other agents that way. If all you are looking to do is do voluntary enrollments and want introductions from other brokers (not sure how well this would work) but you could call other agents up offer to meet with them and explain how you might be able to help them maybe take them to breakfast/lunch.

If you are asking how to team up with someone to split a case ie life/major med/annuity then I would recommend meeting these agents first and getting to know them before you sick them on your clients remember when you bring in an expert to split a case you are risking your reputation with that client as well.

No! The Duck's worst nightmare:yes:

I'm independent which, everyone here has taught me, give us the advantage over any captive agent in that we have the ability to find the best combination of price, coverage and service to accommodate the unique needs for each individual circumstance.

But your on the right track. The duck is all over my area of SW VA and I'm trying to put myself out there as much as possible to sell this concept. I thought a good start would be to network with as many major medical and/or life agents as possible to help me get going.

I thought a good start would be to network with as many major medical and/or life agents as possible to help me get going.

Good idea, but the first thing you have to do is figure out why this would benefit the agent you want to work with. When you can articulate this, you stand a chance.

In essence, if I'm an independent health agent, how does this benefit me? I see how this benefits you.

Dan

Back