The Business I Started Was Lead Generation for Insurance Agents

STIBROKER

Like My post and enter the DRAWING,,,,
Texas
so.....anybody heard of this guy.......

Certain names and specific locations will not be identified until my meeting on Monday. This happened in or near GREEN BAY WISCONSIN!

This is a real post from a real person describing a real life business agreement gone sour. There is plenty of documentation to back it up. I am not looking to become rich, I am looking to make sure the facts are straight, and move on to bigger and better things. If there is just one person out there, whether they are an attorney, judge, investor, businessperson, that wants to see what I have done, and what I can do in the future, that is all I need. :)

The business I started was lead generation for insurance agents. It was and is the preferred insurance lead provider in the industry. I have many customers, and employees willing to follow.

The end comment was an afterthought, half jokingly, saying if someone wants to donate a dollar to my legal expenses/fees to email me. If anyone wants to donate one dollar to either legal fees or to start over, I won't complain. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonder if Bob Klee (HTQ) knows this guy?

$250k doesn't sound like much for a 4 yr old company.

Hello everyone. Thanks for checking it out. I am here now and glad to share my story with you. :)

@ somarco I don't know Bob Klee.

250,000 for a company that was not even a thought 5 years ago is decent I guess. For the first year or so we were only operating part time 3-4 hours per day.

@b61mack My problem is peoples lack of honesty and integrity. When someone flat out lies to dozens of people which leads to people getting ripped off and lives being destroyed, there is a problem.

@chumps from oxford Strange how?

Thanks for checking out my message, feel free to ask any questions.

Benjamin

Being a new member I did attempt to message Bob and introduce myself, but cannot message until I have 20 posts. I hope he will message me.

• Staff
Being a new member I did attempt to message Bob and introduce myself, but cannot message until I have 20 posts. I hope he will message me.

He owns Hometown Quotes......................

He owns Hometown Quotes......................

Yup! I know of him, just not personally. :)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
For those who have asked about more details. Here it is in a nutshell.

We have had raving reviews on YAMMER and TWITTER. But under the circumstances I am NOT recommending using JCA Marketing Services at this time.

Short story. I worked part time for an insurance agent doing telemarketing as my second job. (I had previously run two other mid size call centers). The campaign were were doing was very affective and we telemarketed leads for a couple dozen other agents. A corporate direct writer got wind, came to visit, and 1099ed us to do a large scale marketing campaign.

It was just manual dialing at this point, and I had 30 employees for 4 hours per day, though my job was full time. When the campaign ended we had plenty of customers wanting to continue and even referring others. My partner did two things (billing and payroll). But my partner has a very stern contract stating the agency is first and foremost, and by putting too much time into the company, he was in violation of the contract.

He told me he had to close it down to save his job, but because I was such a hard worker, he wanted me to work full time in his agency, Which I accepted. However, always working two jobs and having 30 employees to look after, I told him I wished to take over the call center completely instead of closing down. We made the agreement that I could ride what we had left and slowly dwindle or shut down with warning, or I could increase and build the call center for a certain percentage of all future profits.

I worked the two jobs and the call center exploded, we went from paper based business with just 4 fax machines, to a 19 person automated dialer call center. My partner was so impressed with the short term outcome that he asked me to leave the agency and put all of my efforts into the call center, sold his portion to his wife, but continued to do payroll and billing.

Fast forward about 4 years. He hired a nameless broker, did a few tours, did not disclose our arrangements, left agreements unfulfilled, sold for an undisclosed amount with a very rapid sell, and here I am!

Last edited:
Do you have anything in writing about your partnership, profits, etc?

I think you need a lawyer yesterday to help you.

Yes, I have something I had put away for a rainy day in writing. Then their are dozens of pieces of "circumstantial evidence". :)

My phone and internet was bought and paid for by the company, because of the amount I worked from home. These things were on the same shared plan as the partners.

They had a life insurance policy on me.

They claimed I was just a salary employee to the new investor group. However:

“Salary” is a regularly paid amount of money, constituting all or part of an employee’s wages, paid on a weekly or less frequent basis, that is not subject to reduction due to the quality or quantity of work performed. This is the general definition in federal law (29 CFR 541.118). Since Wisconsin’s overtime law does not define “salary,” and since Wisconsin’s overtime exemptions are interpreted in a manner consistent with federal interpretation, this is the applicable definition.-

The fact is I was paid based on profits/losses/expenses.

Employers in the State of Wisconsin must keep time and payroll records for each employee. This includes employees paid on a salary basis. The required records must include the time in and the time out on a daily basis, the total number of hours worked per day and per week, and the time in and out for meal periods if that time is deducted from hours worked. Meal periods may be deducted from hours worked if they are at least 30 consecutive minutes in duration, and if the employee is relieved of duty and free to leave the premises during the break. Note: Wisconsin law does not require meal periods or rest periods for adult employees. Minors may not work more than 6 consecutive hours without receiving a meal period of 30 consecutive minutes.

I have never punched in or punched out. I was not an employee, I was the employer.

(source)dwd.wisconsin. g0v /er/labor_standards_bureau/publication_erd_13109_p.htm#1

Yes, I need a lawyer! :) Spread the video!

Back