The Dental End-all-be-all Thread...

I'm finding that it's an impossibility to stay away from writing dental plans.. Spirit, Monico, and Delta have all been considered, but I'm wondering, what carrier offers the best value???... I'm hoping it's not like medSups where you really do have to appoint with every plan available to meet customer needs.

I've never written a dental plan in over 3 years writing medsupps. Clients occasionally ask about them, but I explain that they're usually a waste of money. I don't believe they're in the client's best interest, unless that client is having major work done at least every 2 or 3 years.

I've never written a dental plan in over 3 years writing medsupps. Clients occasionally ask about them, but I explain that they're usually a waste of money. I don't believe they're in the client's best interest, unless that client is having major work done at least every 2 or 3 years.

So is the commission the agent gets. About the same as a 20 ounce soft drink per month.

I have had two kids recently go through braces and don't have dental coverage. The end. :no::no:

Been there, done that. Also two kids with wisdom teeth taken out and no dental insurance.

As others have said, dental insurance is a waste of money and likely a complaint waiting to happen.

I'm finding that it's an impossibility to stay away from writing dental plans.. Spirit, Monico, and Delta have all been considered, but I'm wondering, what carrier offers the best value???... I'm hoping it's not like medSups where you really do have to appoint with every plan available to meet customer needs.

Pick up 1 decent, SIMPLE plan and if needed, offer it (prevents them going to other agents)....most will ask then say no thanks, but for the few that actually get it, you're there for them. The commish & # of times you'll use it doesn't justify getting wrapped up in 3-4 diff plans.

Don't worry about the commish, you didnt get it for that....I can just pull up a quote with their zip & email them the link to sign up with a little explanation & I'm done. I use Security Life, commish is 10% as earned, on premium.

When I first started I was told and though Dental was a must.

What happened everyone that wanted dental wanted to study have something sent very few signed up easy.

Worse I thought I was selling a good plan with spirit, Looked great on paper. But the calls came in the claims not paid ohh the customer service.

I quit dental and have been much happier ever since.

----------

Furthermore customer really appreciate when I explain exactly how dental really is never a good buy. And I tell them as well if they really still want dental call delta dental direct that is the one that seems to have the least problems

I would second Security Life. They have a pretty strong individual dental plan. No networks, strong plan (for a dental plan), it pays enough for a couple of cups of coffee at starbucks each month.

They also have a good small group product.

I use Medico for clients who demand a dental plan. It is usually someone who worked for the State or had a good dental plan through work and don't think they can live without it. This is a Dental, Vision and Hearing plan all in one.

We write Central United Life, part of the Manhattan Life family. Dental, vision and hearing in one policy and an easy e-app process.

Back