The DO NOT CALL list

cdiddy229

Hello, I'm new to insurance and new to this forum.

I am licensed and currently in training. I will be 'cut loose' to sell in mid February.

I have a sales background, though never in Insurance. I'm selling P&C and life (whole and Term - basic products).

Anyway, I will call just about anyone, but my only reservation is violating the law. How worried should I be about the do not call registry?

My previous sales was in the B2B environment, never personal. My gut tells me not to worry about the do not call list, but the law says otherwise.

Advice?

My gut tells me not to worry about the do not call list, but the law says otherwise.
Your gut is wrong.

Do not call residential numbers in my opinion. It can be done legally but I would advise against it, results aren't good anyhow in my opinion.

B2B is fine.

Buying leads is fine.

Residential cold calling is hard to do legally not to mention you will hate your life after about a week.

Agreed. Both state and federal laws will tear you a new one and cause your gut to go in hiding. There is plenty of info on here about the DNC list.

I reently heard about a new law called the Do No $$#$ Law. Apparently, we won't be able to procreate in the future, but for the life of me, my source wouldn't tell what $$#$ stands for because of security issues in the U.S. . Hope this helps.

Your gut is wrong.

Do not call residential numbers in my opinion. It can be done legally but I would advise against it, results aren't good anyhow in my opinion.

B2B is fine.

Buying leads is fine.

Residential cold calling is hard to do legally not to mention you will hate your life after about a week.

Oh thanks for the advice... Noted... :)

IF your going to Cold Call private, you need to invest in a solid federal and your state phone list scrubber. The investment in that will pay huge dividends compared with the alternative.

THanks for the advice. I'm staying away from resi lists and am going to cold call small businesses. Nothing wrong with that. Thanks for the advice guys.

We have scrubbers built into our system. If you need a stand alone scrubber, give me a call and will email the file to you. It is just a software program to scrub the data you get. You need to scrub the data every 28 days to stay legal. We have no problems calling residentials. We have a lot of our clients that want this, but you do have to watch your p's and q's as you could possible get fined. You just have to know what you are doing.
Gary
www. marketingcampaignsolutions.com

Back