The Duck Is Getting Desperate

VolAgent

Guru
5000 Post Club
Wow, now they are having to run commercials to recruit agents. Have things gotten that bad?

Is there a more painful insurance job in this economy besides peddling voluntary worksite policies?

First you have to convince the owner to let you in, then you have to convince the employees to part with some money. Use to be that you were competing for beer money, now you are competing for grocery money.

I think they sell the agent on finding that Elephant case.........

I have never been interested in that arena........just too many obstacles.

If any propsective agents visit this forum before hand very few will sign on.

The fact they have to run commercials purely to get agents shows how bad it must have gotten. Is there any other insurer running commercials just to get agents?

The fact they have to run commercials purely to get agents shows how bad it must have gotten. Is there any other insurer running commercials just to get agents?

Where & when do you see them running commercials? The only P&C commercials I see running alot are Geico's: You're not smart enough to pick your own policy, Farmer's and Nationwide's advertisements.

About 6:30 pm on one of the Discovery channels. My wife was watching some show. The commercial just happened to catch my eye. Also, Aflac isn't P&C, but supplemental benefits. Sometimes I'll see a NYL and the very rare NWM commercial on one of the 'high-brow' channels. But those are for clients, not to recruit agents.

Yeah, but you got stop assuming people are smart. 10 bucks says more people will see that commercial over the weekend then will look at one page on this forum in a year. And half+ the people who stop by here have no idea what they are doing ;)

Back