The games people play

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
When is a lead not a lead?

When the lead vendor says it isn't.

Here are just a few of the games vendors play . . .

Denying credit for a lead, because you are over the limit for credits. Some vendors tell you in advance they will credit up to 20% of leads while others don't. Everything is fine until you submit a valid request for credit, only to be denied because they will lose money if they credit that lead.

Providing an on-off switch for leads, but then holding leads that come in during the night and flooding your box once you turn the leads back on.

Charging for a filter, and then denying credit when a lead gets thru the filter. As long as at least one person on the lead request is insurable, you will not get credit.

Denying credit for a lead that meets the filter requirement but because they did not list the medical condition on their request, you do not get credit.

Changing the price of the leads in your agreement without warning. Of course the price is going up, not down.

A "solid" lead - only shared with say three agents, no call centers, health filtered, actually search driven by prospects seeking health insurance quotes would cost around $15.

At that price there are no takers because agents don't have a business owners mind. They want high quality but also cheap leads.

Cheap leads are not high quality. Oh, agents also want volume - they want many high quality returnable leads - let's just make sure they don't cost more than say $6 to $8.

Can't happen. If anything thinks it can happen slap up a website and have at it.

Also internet leads are one leg of a marketing program. If it's your only leg and you live and die on internet leads - God bless you.

There have indeed be "great" lead companies out there - short life span. Word spread quickly, demand goes crazy, quality suffers.

A "solid" lead - only shared with say three agents, no call centers, health filtered, actually search driven by prospects seeking health insurance quotes would cost around $15.

At that price there are no takers because agents don't have a business owners mind. They want high quality but also cheap leads.

Cheap leads are not high quality. Oh, agents also want volume - they want many high quality returnable leads - let's just make sure they don't cost more than say $6 to $8.

Can't happen. If anything thinks it can happen slap up a website and have at it.

Also internet leads are one leg of a marketing program. If it's your only leg and you live and die on internet leads - God bless you.

There have indeed be "great" lead companies out there - short life span. Word spread quickly, demand goes crazy, quality suffers.

"Only the good die young..." (says Billy Joel)

I always got free leads, door knock, B to B , referral, so on... but lately I have been thinking about adding the purchased lead- leg to my marketing portfolio... I had always hated telemarketed leads provided to me by GA's in the past, but that was pre-internet...

I would gladly pay $15 for a lead of a real person who will answer their phone and not yell because so many agents called.

Since the morals of the business community are in the basement, it's difficult to buy quality products.

All the leads companies are the same. You're looking for an app in a haystack.

Your alternative is to walk and talk. In South Florida, it could get me killed. No thanks.

It costs about $75 an app in Internet lead cost. I think that's cheap.

It costs about $75 an app in Internet lead cost. I think that's cheap.

It is cheap when you look at other factors.

$75 to get a new client isn't bad at all.

Back